• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving Spell Books!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was wondering if it is possible to save the Abilitys in spell books? I know its a bit more tricky because we dealing with dummyItems but i know it can be done.

I know of an rpg that does this (Gaias Retaliation OPRG).

Level 13
you cant really save them in spellbook ability but you can save abilities with integer variabe type ability,mark array too

well if you want to save abilities in spellbooks...

array 1-12 for spellbook 1
array 13-24 for spellbook 2
array 25-36 for spellbook 3

Level 18
What do you mean by "save the abilities" in spell books? I am not familiar with the game you referenced and I'm having a hard to painting a picture in my head about what you're trying to do. Are you talking about spell book items, or the ability "spellbook". Furthermore, to what extent do the abilities need to be "saved" to the spell books.

Level 3
What i mean is when you type -save, it must save all the abilitiesyou have in your spellbook and when you load it must re-create those abilities that you had when you saved.

I hope that clears up the confusion for you Berbanog.

O and Alien95 can you please explain in more detail on how to save the abilities in a trigger. I am using AceHart's save/load system. (i will +rep)

Edit: Don't worry managed to do it.

Last edited:
Level 18
Okay, well in order for you to "add" abilities to a spell-book you must have a spellbook with all of it's abilities disabled using SetPlayerAbilityAvailable. Then, when you enable the ability it will appear as if it were added to the spellbook. There is another method of actually adding abilities to spellbooks that I can share if you need that.

In order to save the abilities... well how do you save abilities with AceHart's save/load system?

Status
Not open for further replies.