1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Saving a map makes all names, hotkeys and other things disappear (1.31.0)

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by DaneTheBeast, May 29, 2019.

1. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screenshot_1.png

Playing a 1.27 map on 1.31.0 works, but saving the 1.27 map on the 1.31.0 editor messes things up

Any ideas on why this happens?

2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    1 billion dollar tip: Always check the patch notes and the warnings if they have one about the known issues Patch 1.31 announced
    If you didn't make a backup then RIP your map, because it probably screwed the strings. I Feel sorry for you :(

3. Silverstar

Silverstar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm in the same boat. Luckly, I have a backup saved but I can't do any work because like you said, once I save - Names and tooltips get messed up. I wouldn't have a problem if I could just redo everything however my changes don't save at all. If there isn't a fix then I'm going to delete and recreate all my abilities and units... but that's going to be a huuuge setback...

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  4. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't worry I have a backup, but it's impossible to work on the map. I'm just looking for a fix if there is any, which there doesn't seem to be.