• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Update map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm currently developing a map in World Editor 1.27 (6059). Since a friend of mine has version 1.29, I asked him to open and save the map with his 1.29 Editor (Because I heard thats the way to update a map to the latest version). The problem is that it didn't work, and the game crashes on the loading screen. Any ideas what the problem might be ? He sais that his maps are file type w3m, and mine are w3x if that matters?

Level 21
that likely means that there is something in the map that is no longer compatible. not that i know what as i only use legal stuff myself. my maps also never crash on the loading screen. my only advice is to look over it to find out what function you are using it is that is incompatible.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I suggest updating to 1.29 or using 1.30 beta. That way you can find the crash yourself without having to rely on his feedback.

Could be related to malformed BLP files, try without imported files if it still crashes. Otherwise it would be related to players, such as you are hard coding Neutral players as 12-15 when they are no longer those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.