• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] [Save/Load System Request]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello! I've lurked for quite some time now trying to find a working save/load system but have had no luck incorporating any into my map. This has literally been the only thing halting the progression of my on-going project.

So today I decided to make an account and in search/hope for some help. I want to begin by stating that I have searched all over the forum as well as google (some of which lead me to dead links) before posting this.

I'm requesting for a simple-enough save/load system that saves; hero(s) from a list, items and resources that works with the new worldeditor. Really hope this isn't too much to ask for as I understand each person works according to their own schedule but am willing to compensate for their time.

(P.S: I'm still a beginner when it comes to triggers as I'm unable to code and I can understand how frustrating it may be to teach beginners, however, I wish to request for some help as I am willing to learn if provided guidance!)

Thanks in advance!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
This is the system you want to use:

I've helped many people learn how to use this system over the last couple of years so there should be a plethora of examples out there. Try adding "Hiveworkshop" and "Uncle" to your search when you're googling for help in the future, I've touched on A LOT of topics.

Here's the most recent one regarding save/load:

Anyway, you're going to need a basic to intermediate understanding of triggers to use a Save/Load system. In the case of this system, it has a lot of triggers/actions which will be intimidating at first, but understand that 95%+ of them can be ignored. Once you can learn to filter out the "fluff" and focus on the parts that are actually important, which the Author often Comments on in their triggers or in the Instructions/How to Use page, then you'll have a much easier time with all of this.

For example, you don't have to touch ANY of the triggers that are found in the Codeless Save and Load folder that's provided with this system. Just hide them away somewhere and forget about them. This helps a lot with getting over the intimidating "wall of text".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.