• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save files location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm finally moving WarCraft III out of my Program Files(x86) folder, since the stupid thing won't stop asking me for "administrator permission" just to move or delete a map, and it won't even let me save maps at all. Anyway, when I did so, I noticed my save files are now missing.

Why is this? Where did they go? I have a "saves" folder that moved with the entire WarCraft 3 folder, but I can't find the ones I had before... in fact, there are a bunch of save game files in there that I haven't seen in a long time, that never show up when I load a map in-game. And my campaign progress isn't saved either.

Is there some aspect of how the saved game files work in WarCraft 3 that I'm missing?

Level 12
Thanks! This is exactly what I need. Since my laptop doesn't have a CD drive, I copied over the folder from my old computer, so it probably has all sorts of odd registry issues.

Unfortunately, though, the file isn't downloading... the site is just timing out. I guess I can just give it some time. The site might be having too much traffic tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.