• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Savannah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This took me hours to complete. I firstly had a project Animal Life about 2010 with playable savannah map, but at that time I did not have trigger knowledge to make the map's systems work so I quitted Animal Life project, at that time my terrain was bad and I missed alot of things.

The grass covers everything just like in savannah. Grass should be included, just it should better be yellow/pale brown like in savannah. The last picture has the grass yellow. Give suggestions so I can improve the terrain. What can be improved/replaced/added in these pictures? Any effects? What to do to make it more realistic and aesthetic?

Last edited:
Level 18
As you mentioned, the grass should be closer to the color of the ground.

And here we go, the waterfall is quite unrealistic as the river does not seem to be streaming with such power as the waterfall. You could probably make the waterfall look less furious with removing the splash texture and replacing it with a 100% alpha texture. Or removing the waterfalls completely.

The big shrubs... Euwh... They're ugly. Simple as that. The rocks do not look right either. I'd suggest replacing them with something more appropriate.
And if now you're planning to simply use it as a terrain, not a playable map. Then I'd say you could improve things such as the sky with cloud models and glows.

Level 12
As you mentioned, the grass should be closer to the color of the ground.

And here we go, the waterfall is quite unrealistic as the river does not seem to be streaming with such power as the waterfall. You could probably make the waterfall look less furious with removing the splash texture and replacing it with a 100% alpha texture. Or removing the waterfalls completely.

The big shrubs... Euwh... They're ugly. Simple as that. The rocks do not look right either. I'd suggest replacing them with something more appropriate.
And if now you're planning to simply use it as a terrain, not a playable map. Then I'd say you could improve things such as the sky with cloud models and glows.

I have not found anything that could replace the ugly shrub, any suggestion about the shrub? Or should I remove them.

Level 3
Erm, I have to agree with Bernkastel. With the given terrain, I'd say you should use a grass model that is more browned than green (or at least thin green grass. The grass at the moment is too lush, too full of life) as it clashes with the "burnt, brown" texture. Also, I don't think the savannah has water that clear o_O; (if it was, alligaters/crocs would never catch prey). Also, the rivers do need some work as it seems a bit bland in my taste (but, if you like it the way it is, don't change it as you seem to know a bit more about the savannah than me xD). Anyways, good luck~

Status
Not open for further replies.