• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Satyr to Tree Form!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all.

Haven't been using the editor long and at the moment am just practicing making various maps.

I hope i'm not going to get yelled out, Had a look around and can't find an answer to this.

I'm trying to make a Satyr turn into a tree, then back again by clicking abilities. At first I tried the Bear form ability but that didn't seem to work. So I went about making a trigger and it works well. However the 'unit' which the satyr turns into, the tree, comes up as a white image of a tree. My guess is that when it is placed as a destructible in game it has texture and colours added to it. But I'm not sure how to do that when making the unit.

-Clipsion

Level 35
I'm trying to make a Satyr turn into a tree, then back again by clicking abilities. At first I tried the Bear form ability but that didn't seem to work. So I went about making a trigger and it works well. However the 'unit' which the satyr turns into, the tree, comes up as a white image of a tree. My guess is that when it is placed as a destructible in game it has texture and colours added to it. But I'm not sure how to do that when making the unit.

Hmm you can use the bear form or the crow form. But you cant make it into a tree, unless you dl a model from this site and use it as the tree. Because as you says the tree model in WEU turns out white always. Or you could use the bush model, it isnt white and if you make it big it looks like a tree.
Just wonder why the hell you want a satyr to turn into a tree? cant see the connection.

And by the way, Welcome to the Hive
Welcome Clipsion.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 2
Thank you for the welcome!

lol yes. Satyr to a tree.

If anyone has every played the Battle Royale -redone- maps, there is a character, "Satyr Trapper" who... Traps... And turns into trees. It's a rather cool disguising element!

The bush idea is good - I considered it in the past but dismissed it due to it's size, Didn't think about enlarging. Thanks for the help all

Level 3
You could try the Doodad trees which are indestructable?

Examples are Barren Tree (indestructable) etc, I don't think they are white!
(Although it has only 1 freaking animation)

Level 35
hehehe, well the Gargoyls can transform to something thats supposed to look like a statue=))

You do know why the gargoyls are made right? Because of the statues on walls and so. And yes it doesnt look much as a statue, but it keeps the gargoyl form..
It was also the statues that coursed the myth, and that some are made as sewers.
Refrence: Notra Dame :)

Level 2
I have a trigger at the moment which uses the 'replace unit' event. That works well. As for the doodad model - The trees in the doodads selection did not appear to match those in my terrain (Suspicious barrens tree amongst a mass of ashenvales lol)

Thanks for the help though - I'm going to try the bush idea

Level 3
How about using the night elf building uproot and root ability, give it to satyr, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.