• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satyr Race Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First time posting here so I'm sorry if I break any rules somehow.

I'm looking for Corrupted Ancients for a Satyr race. I found Ujimasa Hojo's Corrupt Elf Pack, but I get a 404 error when I try to follow the link to it. Could anyone send the pack to me?

If not I only really need a Corrupt Tree of Life and Corrupt Ancient of War with attack animations while rooted.

A Corrupt Ancient Protector that actually turns and faces what its attacking would also be nice.

Last edited:
Level 2
I already found that page earlier, but when i click the link (on that page) to get the pack I get the 404 error. Am I the only one having that problem?

Last edited:
Level 6
Oh, I thought you meant the link to that page is broken, not the download. You might want to PM the creator and notify him it's broken so he can fix it and you can get what you need.

Level 2
Okay, thanks! I was a little too vague with my original post!

EDIT

I attempted to PM him, but nothing happens when i click the "Send Message" spot. The "visitor message" and "private message" spots don't show up like they do on other people's profiles.

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah, looks like private messaging is disabled for him, I can't PM him either :S

You can post in the thread with the pack in mind and tell him that the download's broken so he can update it, hopefully.

Level 2
Darn, too bad they never did the Satyr part! It surprises me how little Satyr stuff is actually out there. From what I've seen they're lucky if they get a single unit featured in a Burning Legion race.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Well, they did "do the Satyr part"; or rather, they began planning it, though it was admittedly one of their least-planned-out. In terms of actual resources, no, they only ever got Tauren done (well, a few Neutral Hostiles, got a start on a Troll or two... And a flying fish. Yeah, not kidding).

Still, I'd be interested to theory-craft a Satyr mini-race, at least, if that's what you wanted.

Level 2
I have the design of the race basically planned out, I just need the two ancients with rooted attack animations. I'd use recolors, but I also need the Night Elf race still usable. Being natural enemies and all, it would feel weird to have Satyrs, but no Night Elves in sight!

Level 2
Well, its not an amazing, 100% unique idea. I'm basically using the undead blight and worker systems mixed with Night Elf buildings. The units are made up of satyrs, corrupted nature things (dryads, treants), and the Shadow Council. Its based off of Felwood in WoW kind of.
Worker Units: Cultist and a satyr (the Satyr doubles as the standard melee unit)
Standard Ranged Unit: Dryad (might have an anti-magic ability)
Siege Vehicle: Infernal Contraption (looks too Legion-like, but its the best i can do)
Casters: Stealth unit (not permanent) with debuff(s), a Necromancer, and an AoE healer similar to the Obsidian Statue
Flying Units: Winged treant thing as the standard and a Nether Dragon as the stronger flyer.
Anti-magic Unit: Succubus that can walk or fly like Druids of the Talon.
Ultimate Unit: This will either be a Felguard, a treant (using the Corrupted Tree Golem model on Hive), or that Nether Dragon. Probably not the dragon because the race already has enough overlap with Undead as it is...

I suppose if you think of anything that could make it more unique feel free to tell me.

EDIT

Alright, so making my own turned out to be incredibly easy! I'm gunna post them here because I'm guessing someone else might need em someday. The war and life have rooted attack animations and the protector turns to face its target. I'd post the rest of the Corrupted Ancients I found, but they belong to Ujimasa Hojo, not me. I can't post them without breakin the rules.

Attachments

• AncientofWar.MDX
    337.7 KB · Views: 220
  • AncientofWar_portrait.mdx
    36.9 KB · Views: 184
  • AncientProtector.MDX
    279.8 KB · Views: 209
  • AncientProtector_Portrait.mdx
    37.4 KB · Views: 193
  • TreeofLife.MDX
    358.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Treeoflife_Portrait.mdx