• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Birth Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to apply birth animation for a model which already has it?

There is a model of Corrupted Night Elf Birth Animation I found in a russian website:
http://wc3maps.ru/dwn.php?id=413

I want to use it for Corrupted Ancient of Life, War, Protector, and other buildings. However, they already have birth animation (NE Birth Anim)....so is there any way I can replace their default birth animation?
Since there is no mentioned author in that website, I don't know where to ask
I attached the file here in case you need to take a look at it

Thanks!

Attachments

• CorruptNEBirth.MDX
    103.4 KB · Views: 81
Level 24
If you had war3 model editor or Magos ME. Go to Node and find birth link attachment or any attachment that has birth. L-click and make a path for CorruptNEBirth or replace the NEBirth.

Example: SharedModels/CorruptNEBirth
Note: When the birth model is imported to map, Make sure it has the same path on the example or else, it won't work

Secondary Note: The example on top, "SharedModel", You can type whatever you want, just make sure it has the same path on the imported model

Level 4
Thanks, I'll try it when I can get my hands on my pc again. Still on my Christmas holiday now..

By the way, Merry Christmas :)

I tried it using WC3 model editor and an imported model, and it works! Thanks!

However, I still have difficulties with applying it to the ancients
I tried to extract tree of life to get the .mdx file (I want to keep the original NE files intact) and then I applied the birth animation on Node Manager. It worked, the tree of life now has the CorruptNEBirth, but the model still uses the NE tree of life skin, not the corrupted one

I tried to find the corrupted tree of life skin using WC3 viewer (so I can attach it to the extracted model), but it seems there is no such skin
Any idea where is it located?
Thanks

Last edited:
Level 24
I don't really use wc3 viewer to search for skins, i only use it to convert and extract models and icons. And also might be a bad idea when extracting war3 skins cause when imported to the model, and play war3. The model will be invisible cause of its skin. Use model editor's MPQ Browser to find a war3 skin and right-click, Click on Use as Texture so it will be ingame.

I found the CorruptTreofLife skin in CorruptedTreeofLife>Demons>Buildings Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.