• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Naga birth anim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
After a few unsuccessful attempts to just use whatever Magos editor tells me is in the Naga building models, I decided to look in different mpq archives. Turns out, the war3x.mpq Magos uses is different from the war3x.mpq of the game, and the model attachment path was different, which is why the model refused to work.

Apparently the real Naga birth model is in "buildings\Naga\CoralBed\NagaBirth_Small.MDL" (different one for every Naga building) and not in the "SharedModels" folder...

Attachments

• ArcaneProtectorHighborneV2.01.mdx
    44.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Level 28
After a few unsuccessful attempts to just use whatever Magos editor tells me is in the Naga building models, I decided to look in different mpq archives. Turns out, the war3x.mpq Magos uses is different from the war3x.mpq of the game, and the model attachment path was different, which is why the model refused to work.

Apparently the real Naga birth model is in "buildings\Naga\CoralBed\NagaBirth_Small.MDL" (different one for every Naga building) and not in the "SharedModels" folder...
So this is the only result? I think that's fine, you still helped me, thanks

So I assume that most of the night elf, naga and undead buildings made by Ujimasa doesn't have their birth animation was because of the birth anim path?

Status
Not open for further replies.