• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sandbox!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've been playing minecraft for months, then later I'm tired playing it.
I tried playing Cubelands, Roblox, and Blockland...
I wonder if there are more games like that, can you give me one example:thumbs_up:?

I hate GF. MC is da ownage.
From da J to da O to da H to da N, his name be John - 117.

EDIT: Hehe, I misread and thought you said 'look like'. /facepalm

You guys are seriously getting offtopic

But really this thread should go into General Gaming (moving now).

As for sandbox type games, I think you're getting the definition of sandbox mixed up a little. Sandbox type games are normally like Grand Theft Auto, in which the world is set up for you, you just deal with it as you see fit. I'd think that Roblox and Minecraft probably fall under some other type of category since you're generally created your own environment.

Now the paid version of minecraft probably may be considered a sandbox type game, an odd mix of that and an RPG - it's really hard to define minecraft as far as genres go.

Status
Not open for further replies.