• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rvg - v3.3

198037-albums4553-picture48502.png

Authors Note
First off, I would like to apologize to all those who gave me feedback and/or ideas after the initial release of this map. I have been extremely busy with personal things the last few months and have not been able to focus on warcraft 3 modding.

Red Vs Green has undergone massive changes since the last time I updated it. The base combat systems have been recoded, tons of new features have been implemented, (hopefully) all the bugs have been fixed, and alot of balancing has been done. I really hope that those of you who supported this map at its initial release will continue to do so now.

Lastly, I would like to say that I will continue to support and update this map in my spare time. There is another warcraft 3 mod which I agreed to help with and have been neglecting, so I will split my time between this project and that one. I have created a website with which to host any and all mods I am involved in. Those of you who wish to join the red vs green discussion can go to www.nefariousstudios.net and post your comments/ideas.
Features

Red VS Green is coded in over 16,000 lines of jass code and features:

- a GUI hero selection board
- a full recipe system with new and unique items
- a socketing system which allows you to place gems in socketed items
- a tower AI which focus fires on creeps before heroes
- custom-hero stats such as magic, resilience, and evasion
- alot more that I've forgotten about
198037-albums4553-picture48503.png

Models

Obelisk - Pyramidhe@d
Sacred Relic - Thrikodius
Recipe Chests - Unknown

Archon Missile - SPy
Archon - PrMosquito
Chronos Missile - Suselishe
Lucifer - General Frank
Gladiator - Tarrasque

Barrens Tree - takakenji
Sand Blocks - inhuman89
Chestnut Tree - Born²Modificate
Crystals - Unknown
Fog - sc_freek

Skins

Chronos - wij
Cleric - RedShift
Mana Eater - zadelim
Occultist - 67chrome
Ranger - Black_Stan
Reaper - RedShift
Twilight Druid - RedShift
Gladiator - Dionesiist

Basic Vendors - RedShift

Knight - RedShift
Mage - RedShift
Orc - RedShift
Centaur - RedShift

Plate Tileset - inhuman89

Effect

Arctic Touch - JetFangInferno
Brain Freeze - Daelin
Icy Chains - JetFangInferno
Deliverance - WILL_THE_ALMIGHTY
Righteous Fire - Dan Van Ollus
Holy Spirit - Dentothor
Dark Gift - WILL_THE_ALMIGHTY
Incite - shamanyouranus
HellWater - Dan Van Ollus
Dark Words - Dan Van Ollus
Gaia Ascension - JetFangInferno
Gaia Shock - WILL_THE_ALMIGHTY
Gaia Seed - JetFangInferno
Revitalize - WILL_THE_ALMIGHTY

Stun Buff - Daelin
Brilliance Aura - Skizzik

Icons

Archon - Unknown
Icy Chains - Peekay
Cold Snap - M0rbid
Brain Freeze - M0rbid
Arctic Touch - M0rbid

Chronos - Sephiroth_VII
Chronorift - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Distortion Field - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Still Minds - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Timewarp - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Cleric - RedShift
Deliverance - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Righteous Fire - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Divine Shield - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Holy Spirit - Paladon

Lucifer - General Frank
Dark Gift - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Incite - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Demonic Cage - CRAZYRUSSIAN
HellWater - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Mana Eater - zadelim
Channel - Anachron
Metallic Shell - zadelim
Null - Anachron
Overcharge - -BerZeKeR-

Occultist - Unknown
Dark Words - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Haunt - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Life Drain - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Vex - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Ranger - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Arrow Storm - Nefarious Studios
Flurry - Mr.Goblin
Poison Arrows - Mr.Goblin
Fade - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Reaper - RedShfit
ShadowDance - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Smokebomb - Blizzard Entertainment
Mind Games - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Vendetta - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Twilight Druid - Nefarious Studios
Gaia Ascension - Anachron
Gaia Seed - Anachron
Gaia Shock - Anachron
Revitalize - SkriK

Gladiator - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Deep Impact - Unknown
Heart of the Gladiator - -Berz-
Mighty Swing - Unknown
Battle Stance - Blizzard Entertainment

Stat Evasion - Unknown
Stat Magic - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stat Magic Crit - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stat Magic Crit Pow - Unknown
Stat Magic Defense - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stat Physical Crit - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stat Physical Crit Pow - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stat MP5 - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stat Resilience - Darkfang
Stat NextPage - bAsToIsE

Strength - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Agility - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Intelligence - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Command Icons - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Face of Rahz - Unknown
Gemsx4 - Peekay
Wooden Stake - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Stone Stiletto - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Steel Dagger - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Ancestral Claw - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Gauntletsx3 - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Arcane Staff - Peekay
Arcanum Protector - Peekay
Blackbeards Medallion - SkriK
Creed - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Crown of Arcane Magic - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Dastan Sword - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Dragon Axe - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Dragonblade - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Dragonfly - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Dryad Earing - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Glacios Sphere - Peekay
Gobby Goggles - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Harlequin Gages - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Icehand - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Lunar Pendant - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Necro Tome - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Slice - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Rusted Chestplate - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Valiant Chestplate - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Thunderstrike - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Travellers Boots - Krysis
Urn of Souls - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Code

GroupUtils - Rising_Dusk
TimerUtils - Vexorian
Distortion Field - Paladon

Other

User Interface - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Ranger AoE - Nefarious Studios
Holy AoE - unwirklich
Announcer Soundset - Nefarious Studios

V3.3 (7-11-2011)

- Which team won is now properly displayed at the end of each match.
- Several typos have been fixed.
- Units now spawn further back in their respective bases.
- Ramps now fit better with the curve of the ground.
- The algorithms for the anti-feed calculations have been changed and no longer cause players to lose gold when they kill a hero.
- Triggered abilities should no longer affect shops or other invulnerable units.
- The Archons Cold Snap ability now only freezes for 1.5 second and has an aoe of 1750 (instead of global).
- A glitch which caused the Archons Cold Snap ability to insta-kill heroes has been fixed.
- Strength now gives you 12 health per point (down from 15).
- The health bonus in the stat menu now grants 20 health (down from 30).
- A glitch in the armor system that was giving heroes extra armor has been fixed.
- A bug which made the Clerics Divine Shield ability not work has been fixed.
- The Clerics Divine Shield ability will now only proc if damage taken is above 25 (up from 15).
- Custom stat descriptions have been added to the game menu.
- A credits list has been added to the game menu.
- A glitch which sometimes reported heroes as having assisted on their own kills has been fixed.
- The assist string now places commas and spaces between player names.

Keywords:
RVG, Red Vs Green, Spectre, Raven, AoS, Red, Vs, Green, Advanced
Contents

RVG - V3.3 (Map)

Reviews
20:28, 5th Apr 2011 VGsatomi: A simple and straightforward AoS with scenic terrain and perfect use custom spells and imported material. Room for improvement, but a worthwhile map.

M

20:28, 5th Apr 2011
VGsatomi: A simple and straightforward AoS with scenic terrain and perfect use custom spells and imported material. Room for improvement, but a worthwhile map.

Level 9
Alot of credits need to be stated @@
wow, i like how the way it looked
putting a vision of RPG into AOE
--------------------------Edited----
Okay, this isn't as good as i thought@@
-The aim is to destroy the two turrents in base?, cause I don't see any main big buildings in my base
-I bough those rubys(red/green stones) where they are suppose to +str/agi but I don't see them giving any effect @@
-Too few heroes maybe
-wow there's AI
-all custom models @@

Last edited:
Level 15
Alot of credits need to be stated @@

Oops forgot about that, update here in a second.

-The aim is to destroy the two turrents in base?, cause I don't see any main big buildings in my base

Yes, you have to destroy the 2 end-obelisks in your enemies base.

-I bough those rubys(red/green stones) where they are suppose to +str/agi but I don't see them giving any effect @@

They are gems used in the socketing system. Certain recipe items have empty 'sockes' in which you can place those gems. They won't give stat bonuses unless they are actually placed in an empty socket.

-Too few heroes maybe

Hope to add more eventually (looking for there to be around 20). However, it takes a VERY long time to make a hero for this map. While a hero in DotA can be made in 10-30 minutes, one of the heroes in this map can take up to 5+ hours. I have to integrate them into the spawn, damage, projectile, and custom stats systems as well as code 4 abilities from scratch in jass and do all of the annoying object editor work that goes along with it.

I will attempt to slowly add heroes (maybe 1 every update or something like that, so I dont' go crazy).

-wow there's AI

Yes, unfortunately hero-specific intelligence hasn't been implemented yet, which basically means your attacking moving meat-shields.

Thanks for the review ^-^

Last edited:
Level 30
are you sure your game is really complete? I mean the Game play of your map is kinda low in my observations, I mean there are no bases in each factions. that's the only part I see is bad, but if your still making the updates, I'll just wait for it to be completely finish so I can make a review for this :cgrin:

Level 15
are you sure your game is really complete? I mean the Game play of your map is kinda low in my observations, I mean there are no bases in each factions. that's the only part I see is bad, but if your still making the updates, I'll just wait for it to be completely finish so I can make a review for this

The two large obelisks are what you are supposed to destroy. I could put some large building behind them but honestly whats the point? The towers are the hard things to destroy in games like DotA, not the tree/throne.

As far as being 'incomplete' goes, I won't be doing any major re-vamps to this game, other than adding addition heroes/items and re-balacing what is currently there. I MIGHT eventually put some sort of creeps/capturable nodes in the center areas, but other than that no major changes will occur. After months of working on this map and coding everything from scratch, i'm just kind of 'done' with it I guess ^-^ (atleast for a while).

Thanks for your comment :0

Level 30
Map Review

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Red v.s Green" an AOS map that defines a different way of gaming an Aeon of Strife, challenge players or friends in a remote island were appointed denizens clash against each other to claim its sea-salted grounds for territorial goals. made by Raven0.

Red v.s Green [No Version/s Stated]

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
Game was outstanding, it really made my day. as well as for everyone who would play this game, although the AI sucks badly. the game is still approval for Players.

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
Play after play, the game doesn't get boring because of such brilliant output performances, I really dig this game. but it would be nice if you could come up with more features instead of pushing and keeling.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
Your terrain is suited for success! I mean this is a different type of AoS where you see amazing environments, nature like effects, and also the faction bases, good job at working hard with the terrain.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Overall, your game was Bad-Asst! but to see the AI acts like a moron. I believe you could improve it a little, items were few, team buildings are also important in the game because you don't just destroy them for nothing, they also give yah gold and else, experience. I hope you can add more, as well as the heroes if I might ask. features is a must too. you know like creep camps. hidden dungeons. boss fights etc.

Bug/s

AI justs walks and smiles at yah!

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
18/2095%A

194715-albums4513-picture44057.gif
[Great]
Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Level 15
Thanks alot for the review ^-^

I've been working on the A.I. pretty consistantly over the past few days and should be able to upload a better one fairly soon.

Also ofcourse I am constantly working on new items and the next update will also include a new hero.

Level 22
After a few solo play tests, here's my view on it.

The first thing I noticed was of course the beautiful terrain. It was definitely the highlight of this map. You did incredibly well at utilizing imported material to create a unique theme. Some of the areas had a bit of dead space, particularly the southern regions and the river beds. It was obvious that you were trying to stay away from using any original WC3 doodads, but a few lillipads, river rushes and cattails could go a long way there. Some of the waterfalls just flowed out of nowhere and into nowhere.

The main thing that confused me was the objectives on the map. Since the map has a basic Dota layout (three paths with a river that connects the three) It would be easy to guess where the "base structure" would be, however there was none. I didn't know the objective was to kill the obelisks, and even then, you don't even have to kill ALL the obelisks, just the 2 near the back that looked the same as all the rest. The objective obelisks should at least be named differently or make a in-game tip that the objective is to destroy the obelisks and nothing else.

The spells were very nicely done, with excellent descriptions on what they each are capable of. Everything with custom icons. The AI kept messing up, though. As soon as they approached enemy forces, they would just run in and out of combat, and only fight once they were cornered. They rarely attacked at all.

As far as gameplay, it was very straightforward, which can be good or bad depending how you look at it. Good things- there was nothing to distract the player from the fight. Players do not have to run around to hidden vendors or odd spots to complete different objectives. Players only needed to run back to the base to pick up a quick item, which was usually done after a respawn. The game focuses primarily on hero-vs-hero combat rather then overall complex strategies, which for people looking for straightforward combat and short games, this map fulfills those preferences. Thank the heavens there were no annoying recipe combination that you so frequently see in modern AoS maps. You just buy items and move on. I like that. And AI exists to fill slots for non-full house games, which is nice.

Bad things- the game basically plays like Dota. The spawned armies are weak, cannot be upgraded, and have slow respawn times. They are essentially useless fodder from the beginning. As the game progresses and the heroes become much stronger, the game basically becomes a glorified hero arena with a lot more running involved, which isn't really AoS in my opinion. I think more should be done to make the heroes support the advances of the armies or vice versa. This is just personal preference as I dislike dota-style as an AoS, it says nothing about the high quality of this map.

If you look at maps like WoW cataclysm, Eternal Conflict, Ruiners Domination, Kingdom Purge, Warsong Clash, ect. there are different things you can do outside of just straight rushing enemy heroes and towers, such as bolstering armies, capturing extra resources, checkpoints and such that add more to overall strategy. You have a lot of open room on this map to implement things like that if you so desired.

Also, each hero could only be picked once and then they are removed from the tavern, which means in a full house game someone is going to be stuck with a leftover. I'd recommend allowing players to pick whichever hero they want, even if it allowed all players to pick the same hero.

In short, outstanding job on the terrain, the spells, the heroes and having a straightforward map. I would just recommend adding more strategy elements and making the spawned armies more useful.
-VGsatomi

Level 2
Alright I tested the map with a friend and decided to give a review of my own for the sake of you making it better.
My review is on the gameplay and balance of the map and is kinda detailed I'm sorry if it's too long ..

Firstly the terrain is very good a little confusing at times but overall okay the skins you used and the spell models and icons are good as well.

The items are a mess, you put magic crit items and magic resist items and such but you dont but basic avatar/bash/crit god even damage items to build from for example the simple +15 damage axe which is kinda boring a carry cant think what items to build. there are enough of mana regen stats and armor types build some more late game items.also at some places i saw that a certain ingredient is in the mechanic and i searched for this mechanic for about 10 minutes ( thought it was secret shop like in dota) to find out it was in the same person the robot v1 or whatever.Aside all of that the other items were pretty nice and the socket idea is too. I ran into a problem with the ranger i made a claw which gives lifesteal and put an agi socket and then i made the mana break thingy (15% kill off mana) which i couldnt socket with hp no matter what i did.They also dont stack so it would be nice to write that somewhere in the map for people not to f*ck up their money.

Gameplay is pretty simple like dota nothing new but its still enjoyable seing it in a fresh variation with those skins and such. There are some problems like the insanely high creep damage (and damage overall) in the beggining for which i think you should raise the cap of the starting hp a bit so it wont be so easy to make kills ( i will explain in heroes a bit more).

About the heroes: you have 10 different heroes (you should put more for variety in 5v5 ) from which everyone with unique skills. We tried them all and there are errors with some of them.

The Cleric is a good class in a 5 v 5 game he has good synergy and is a good hero overall ( I dont see a problem with him).

The Shaman is a pure support with a disable and 3 (?!?!?) heals (I think you should remove the ult or one of the heals and put something else on its place). I found out that after the root the next hit deals like 2,3x times the damage of your normal and i think you should add that in the description.

The Rikimaru guy is not bad you basicly combined some skills from dota ( anti mage resistance, yurnero ult , riki s cloud with no miss and an amplify damage skill).He is a good hero but as the carry he should be he is lacking in power. I suggest removing the cloud or the amplify damage and putting a crit/evade/both in its place so that he can scale in late game.

The Void .... oh my god this hero ;d time warp has an awful casting animation i hope you fix it because if you try to blink ot level 1-9 behind an enemy creep wave or blink out of battle you will die before you do anything.Besides that he is something like the original void but with an exp lowering spell ( pretty neat if he solos) and a more original ult that the chronosphere in my opinion.

The Ranger is insanely strong early game she has great basic ms and a huge range not to count the 60 dmg or so I basicly 4 hitted zeus on level 1 with him constantly backing due to my high range. You should lower the damage/range/increase the hp of everyone because its not balanced at all. everything else looked fine ulti was nice too.

Moving on to the Zeus himself .... he is too imba. He is the same zeus from dota but with a catch - his ulti bugs almost every time and i dont know if its because we played 1 on 1 or is it a glitch.What I mean is im farming with ranger 450 hp and he uses ulti 200 dmg and i die and he killed me everytime he used it because the damage was dealt like 6 times or so I got the message dealing damage finishing damage 6 times at 1 go so its very unfair and also it buggs sometimes and doesnt deal damage at all so that ulti really needs a check. I suggest a whole remake on that hero because he doesnt fit the map it was like you made 9 heroes and you needed a 10-th who should I take ... oh I made a tripple kill with zeus yesterday lets put him in ....

Now the Panteon he is great I liked playing with him a str carry with a stun maybe needs a little more synergy but no imba problems with him.

Ok the Leoric was awful just my mate left 2 minutes into playing with him a 150 aoe clap ? wtf is it a joke and he has absolutely no synergy at all the hero is pointless he has 2 stuns cleave and str boost and his animation is very very slow slower than roofs maybe fix his attack and casting animations because noone will want to play that hero its a torment to play 10 minutes with him.

The Luna/Glave one well I didnt really understand what his role is he has no damage skill till level 6 making him simply a farmer till then or so ? probably can be made more dynamic than is.

The Doom I put in last because I liked him the most. A very original concept he is an amazing support/tank and could even carry. Something like abbadon in dota but ulti is way more flexible and awesome I enjoyed playing with him the most. He probably is kinda imbalanced due to him not being able to die if the ult is on him but I dont advise you to change his concept maybe tweak the numbers or so.

Overall I liked the map even though it had almost no balance but almost every new map is like that and I made this review so I could tell you my opinion of it (and I've played alot of maps) and I think it can become a great AoS so good luck with the balancing and I hope I can check out a new version of the map ^^

Level 15
Thanks alot for your review, i've already started working on some of those glitches you reported ^-^

It's definitely great to get a review from someone who is obviously experienced with the AoS genre. The majority of your hero and balnace critiques I agree with and are working on fixing.

Expect a major update sometime in the next few days which will include a new hero, atleast 5 new items, glitch fixes, several balance changes, an update to the A.I., and completely re-done projectile, damage, and combat systems that work alot better and are more efficient than the old ones.

Level 4
Hey there!
Currently testing your map.

I can't say anything bad about the terrain since IT IS BAD ASS!

As for the gameplay, I see a mix of MMORPG and AoS in this map.

MMORPG in an AoS Map.
• The Heroes and their skill.
• The Items and their effects (Magic Critical, +Magic, etc...)

Though the AoS part is still there;
• The Shops (Not saying that there are no shops in the MMORPG world, but you get what I mean)
• The Towers
• The Lanes and Lane Creeps

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's bad, in fact, it's a new thing for us (or maybe just me, but I do play many MMORPG)

Regarding Heroes, I still can see that they're simple Heroes with simple spells. I can help with that part, if I have time.

And the map seems... empty. Yes, there are Heroes, Creeps, towers, and the beautiful terrain & doodads but it still lacks some things.
Creep camps in the jungles and/or some structures in their bases are some of the things I'm looking for, and maybe more Heroes and items.

And the cursor. I don't know if it's just me but it's almost transparent, making it hard to use. Fix please. Make it more visible.

Balancing this 'new' ... (I can't find the word I'm looking for) is a new challenge for us and experiments must be done.

Anyway, Good Job so far.

Level 4
Ok. The new great feature of your map is the Magic Critical and the +Magic, which is from the items (And the idea is probably taken from MMORPGs)

Good Thing:
• It does one thing that DotA has failed to do -> Make spells w/ constant numbers scale until late game.

Though I still don't know the proc chances.
Is 2% high enough? or still low?
Is 5% high enough?

Do the items stack additively (meaning 2%+3%= 5% of proc'ing)?
or diminishingly (meaning 2%+3% =/= 5% of proc'ing, It could only be 3.1%, 3.5%, depending on the formula you're using)
or they don't stack at all.

That goes with the Melee criticals too.

These questions will help me to help you balance your map.

Also, do the movement speed from different Boots stack?
If not, you should put something like "Movement Speed from Boots A & Boots B won't stack"
Well, that's an just example.

And for the Heroes.
• Role-wise. Their skills are fine
• Synergy-wise. Different topic.

Synergy is when one compliments or helps the other do its maximum potential. There is Skill Synergy, Hero Synergy, Item Synergy, etc...

• First we need to focus on Skill Synergy.
I'll give one example of Skill Synergy.

One skill is a stun. The other is a delayed small-AoE spell, meaning there is a delay before the effect actually occurs.
They have Synergy. How? The stun could help increase the chances of the AoE spell to hit the enemy and make it unable to dodge the skill's effect.

That's just one very simple example. There are TONS more! Some are just as simple, while some are more complex, which actually makes the Hero more fun to play with.

Sorry if it's long.
Just trying to help.

Level 4
About zeus, i know his ulti is bugged, but not in the way the other guy described it. His problem was that it was doing much more damage than it should be. My bug with Zeus's ulti was that it didn't do anything. I cast it, and only static field triggers. No damage from the spell itself was done, or any animation or effect was done. I looked at the statistics and AoE said N/A. Not sure if that had anything to do with the system misunderstanding. It should be global, but it ends up not doing anything. All it did was trigger static field.

Level 2
yea mate the first 5 times the ulti didnt appear at all and then suddenly bam 6 times ulti in 1 shot and he didnt kill me with static field he was just in base spamming it

Level 4
Just reposting what I posted then because I still haven't gotten my answer, and maybe because it was skipped.

Ok. The new great feature of your map is the Magic Critical and the +Magic, which is from the items (And the idea is probably taken from MMORPGs)

Good Thing:
• It does one thing that DotA has failed to do -> Make spells w/ constant numbers scale until late game.

Though I still don't know the proc chances.
Is 8% high enough? or still low?
Is 12% high enough?

Do the items stack additively (meaning 2%+3%= 5% of proc'ing)?
or diminishingly (meaning 2%+3% =/= 5% of proc'ing, It could only be 3.1%, 3.5%, depending on the formula you're using)
or they don't stack at all.

That goes with the Melee criticals too.

These questions will help me to help you balance your map.

Also, do the movement speed from different Boots stack?
If not, you should put something like "Movement Speed from Boots A & Boots B won't stack"
Well, that's an just example.

And for the Heroes.
• Role-wise. Their skills are fine
• Synergy-wise. Different topic.

Synergy is when one compliments or helps the other do its maximum potential. There is Skill Synergy, Hero Synergy, Item Synergy, etc...

• First we need to focus on Skill Synergy.
I'll give one example of Skill Synergy.

One skill is a stun. The other is a delayed small-AoE spell, meaning there is a delay before the effect actually occurs.
They have Synergy. How? The stun could help increase the chances of the AoE spell to hit the enemy and make it unable to dodge the skill's effect.

That's just one very simple example. There are TONS more! Some are just as simple, while some are more complex, which actually makes the Hero more fun to play with.

Sorry if it's long.
Just trying to help.

Level 15
Sorry i've been busy lately. I am thoroughly reading through all posts and implementing bug fixes, balance changes, and new game aspects accordingly.

As far as mechanics go.

% based attributes (except attack speed) stack additively. So 4% + 3% = 7% proc chance.

Attack Speed uses warcraft 3 mechanics and not my own, so it has stacks diminishingly.

Movement speed currently does stack but I am thinking about making it so it doesn't stack and re-balancing every item that has ms so they stand on their own better.

Level 4
Sorry i've been busy lately. I am thoroughly reading through all posts and implementing bug fixes, balance changes, and new game aspects accordingly.

As far as mechanics go.

% based attributes (except attack speed) stack additively. So 4% + 3% = 7% proc chance.

Attack Speed uses warcraft 3 mechanics and not my own, so it has stacks diminishingly.

Movement speed currently does stack but I am thinking about making it so it doesn't stack and re-balancing every item that has ms so they stand on their own better.

Ohh. Ok.

About the Movement Speed, I was only talking about the Boots, not the other items.

I also hope you make a review regarding my Hero.

Anyway, I would like to say, I had fun playing your map, even if it's just in Single Player Mode, which is a first out of many maps I have tested.
If a map, which is still new, is making me feel this way, what more when more feature have been implemented?

Very Good job well done.

Level 4

Getting ideas from someone without permission is stealing, in a way.
He needs permission from the creator if he wants to use their abilities, unless the creator specified that they can be used even w/o permission or consent.

Plus, there are better spells/abilities in the Hero Ideas section than there...
I know, I'm also a forum-er there.

Level 15
I apologize for the delay in the update.

I have been having trouble implementing the new damage library as it kept corrupting the entire map code. Fortunately I JUST now figured out the problem and the new version will be uploaded later today.

EDIT - apparently I was wrong and the problem is still there. There are a few more things I am going to try, but unfortunately until I get this library to stop corrupting the map there won't be a new version :(

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok, I've made a remake on Pantheon.
Don't know if there are typos or anything since I need to go to sleep, like, right now!

Notes:
• This is only a suggestion
• Vote on CONCEPT. Not on NUMBERS. Numbers can easily be altered but the concept is a bit harder.

icons_8434_btn.jpg
icons_11218_pas.jpg
icons_10931_pas.jpg
icons_580_btn.jpg

Pantheon, the Gladiator

Yes, I've changed the Title from "the Warrior" to "the Gladiator" since it sounds more epic and will compliment his new skill set.

icons_8434_btn.jpg
Got the icon here

Deep Impact

Pantheon releases a mighty blow at the target, dealing damage, sucking all nearby enemies in and stunning them for a short duration. Deals more damage on the main target

Level 1 - Deals 60 (*80 on the main target) damage and sucks enemies in, stunning them for 1.25 seconds
Level 2 - Deals 120 (*160 on the main target) damage and sucks enemies in, stunning them for 1.5 seconds
Level 3 - Deals 180 (*240 on the main target) damage and sucks enemies in, stunning them for 1.75 seconds
Level 4 - Deals 240 (*320 on the main target) damage and sucks enemies in, stunning them for 2 seconds

In Depth Explanation
• Damage type: Magical
• Casting Range is 200
• Area of Effect is 225

Cooldown: 12 seconds
Mana Cost: 110/120/130/140

icons_11218_pas.jpg
Got the icon here

Mighty Swing

Every after a while, Pantheon focuses his strength to one attack, dealing 150% of his damage and cleaving a portion of his power. Cooldown based

Level 1 - Cleaves 20% of Pantheon's damage
Level 2 - Cleaves 30% of Pantheon's damage
Level 3 - Cleaves 40% of Pantheon's damage
Level 4 - Cleaves 50% of Pantheon's damage

In Depth Explanation
• Area of Effect is 175
• Cleaved damage is only reduced by armor type, not by armor value.

Cooldown: 16/13/10/7 seconds

icons_10931_pas.jpg
Got the icon here

Heart of the Gladiator

A gladiator's true strength is revealed during the most difficult situation. Passively adds HP and increases Pantheon's HP regeneration for every 10% health missing from him. First bonus starts at full health.

Level 1 - Passively adds 50 HP. +1 HP regen for every 10% health missing
Level 2 - Passively adds 100 HP. +1.5 HP regen for every 10% health missing
Level 3 - Passively adds 150 HP. +2 HP regen for every 10% health missing
Level 4 - Passively adds 200 HP. +2.5 HP regen for every 10% health missing

In Depth Explanation

icons_580_btn.jpg
Got the icon here

War Stance

Pantheon changes to his War Stance. During this state, he will have an increase in his STR and attack speed but causes him to take 25% more damage. Also, the strength of Pantheon's Deep Impact and Mighty Swing will increase while he is in this state. Last for 25 seconds

Level 1 - Adds 12 STR and 15% attack speed. Increase Deep Impact's AoE by 75. Mighty Swing's Cleave will deal 100% of Pantheon's damage.
Level 2 - Adds 18 STR and 20% attack speed. Increase Deep Impact's AoE by 150. Mighty Swing's Cleave will deal 100% of Pantheon's damage.
Level 3 - Adds 24 STR and 25% attack speed. Increase Deep Impact's AoE by 225. Mighty Swing's Cleave will deal 100% of Pantheon's damage.

In Depth Explanation
• Has a 0.3 seconds transformation time.
• You can dodge stuns while transforming.

Cooldown: 60 seconds
Mana Cost: 125/175/225

Last edited:
Level 4
Just change model of the Pantheon !

The model ain't bad actually.
Just to be honest, the icon of the Hero is bad, not the model.

Plus, the Hero doesn't have much Skill Synergy, that's why I made a remake for him.
Anyway, this is merely a suggestion, so it's up to Raven0 if he will implement it or reject my offer.

If you want i can make portrait models for your heroes.

That would be lovely. Thank you.
Could you do icons? I would really like to have a better icon for Pantheon.

Last edited:
Level 15
Ya it's a screenshot icon so it kind of sucks. In lui of real icons I had to create make-shift screenshot icons for several heroes.

I believe I have figured out what was causing the corrupted code and, if so, I will be able to upload the update by 2morrow.

Level 4
Hey Raven0, I almost forgot to ask...

What did you think my Hero suggestion and Hero Remake?
Were they bad? or what? I need feedbacks to know what I have to improve on.

Level 20
Played the map today; my thoughts:
  • You used too many imported models, in my opinion, they may look nice, but it's not worth the size increment.
  • There should be effects when projectiles hit an enemy, also many projectiles could use a parabola.
    Also catapult's projectile is homing which doesn't make sense.
  • The creeps seem really strong, or the heroes are too weak; i had Reaper and it took like 5 hits from creeps to kill me.
    Also there's some general imbalance in game. Reaper is really weak, low health and low damage output - my ultimate barely dealt 1/4 of enemy's hp in damage (with vendetta on).
    Also,Veil spell shouldn't have casting time; since it has really short duration, it's kinda useless.
  • Heroes should revive with full mana.
  • You should add more content to the map. Also some neutral creep camps and side ways for ganks

Last edited:
Level 5
I was like oke im downloading,
ok so now put it in a folder, tuturutu,
oke now open wc3 TFT ,
i was like oke testing, tuturutu,
then i was like ... WHAT THE FUG OH MAJ GOT ANGRY GERMAIN KID , I AM LIKE WOOOT MAN THE TERRAIN MAN, i was like the terrain man the thing with broken wall and waterfall i was like omg man, is this sh!t crazy i was like omajgoT, the hero pick, the OMGGGGGGGGGG, i will rate when i get better, this shit is wack xP