• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ruin TD

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A TD I made in my spare time while waiting for more bugs to fix in my RPG (Btw the new fix is comin tomorrow if anyones waiting lol)

Anyway TD is easy to pick up and play so enjoy!

- Difficulty System based on player votes

* Runner Health
* Time between Waves
* Number of Lives

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

Updated as of June 25, 2009

- Added a new tower.
- Death Tower has been redone.
- Arrow Tower now has multi-shot rather than crit, rivals mortar now.
- Boulder Tower now has splash vs. ground and can crit, rivals mortar now.
- Ultimate Pyro Tower added.
- Difficulty System now works.

Keywords:
TD
Contents

Ruin TD (Map)

Reviews
03:56, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 31
I rate this map by 2/5 and I suggest this resource for Pending until creator fixes the problems.

1. Map description do not exist.
2. Hotkeys confuses with Laser Tower and Lightning Tower.
3. I have no idea why, but there is no triggers that exist in your map. How you make it work? All these messages and waves?
4. Victory/defeat conditions do not exist.
5. However, enviroment could be improved. Just a little, even if it's TD.

Level 11
I rate this map by 2/5 and I suggest this resource for Pending until creator fixes the problems.

1. Map description do not exist.
2. Hotkeys confuses with Laser Tower and Lightning Tower.
3. I have no idea why, but there is no triggers that exist in your map. How you make it work? All these messages and waves?
4. Victory/defeat conditions do not exist.
5. However, enviroment could be improved. Just a little, even if it's TD.

The defeat works or did last night at least lol, as for victory it's been a little buggy lol, I need to import the victory trigger from my other TD and use it.

I'll get that hotkey fixed.

The map is optimized, probably why you didn't see any triggers when opening this up :p

Probably will get the few fixes that are needed done today when I'm done fixing up Dark Sun RPG again, thanks for checking this out though :)

---------------

Edit:

I've finally gotten more of the towers balanced a bit more.

- Tweaked the cost of Arrow Towers to be cheaper for their lessened strength, also increased the attack range.
- Mortar Tower's "Ignite" has had its damage halved for balancing issues, and the Mortar Towers damage has also been lessened.
- Added an upgrade to the Laser Tower.

If players don't add any extra life to the Runners the game should still present at least a slight bit more difficulty than the released version. Mainly because the Mortar Tower was absurdly powerful compared to the other towers.

Anyway update coming later tonight.

Last edited:
Level 28
I've chosen all hard options and I (easily) won, I don't know if other people think this map is hard when you choose those modes, but it was for me.
Level 1-10 is pretty hard at the start, but as the game advances, a death tower halves the life of 4 of the creeps, that with the combination of the slow tower and mortar tower/lightning tower and you almost can't lose.

The descriptions are good, waves come up pretty fast (+1 sec), so you don't get bored while waiting for the next wave.

It isn't bad, it's a regular TD, no new options, or a new twist, but I like the normal TD's, so there's no problem there ^^
You just need to make the waves harder... (won't take much time).
Also continue working on your RPG (more than your TD), it's also pretty good

Level 11
I've chosen all hard options and I (easily) won, I don't know if other people think this map is hard when you choose those modes, but it was for me.
Level 1-10 is pretty hard at the start, but as the game advances, a death tower halves the life of 4 of the creeps, that with the combination of the slow tower and mortar tower/lightning tower and you almost can't lose.

The descriptions are good, waves come up pretty fast (+1 sec), so you don't get bored while waiting for the next wave.

It isn't bad, it's a regular TD, no new options, or a new twist, but I like the normal TD's, so there's no problem there ^^
You just need to make the waves harder... (won't take much time).
Also continue working on your RPG (more than your TD), it's also pretty good

lol thanks for the comment on my rpg, ya this was just made in my spare time while waiting for bugs to fix on the rpg.

I've been working on trying to get all the towers decently balanced and the waves balanced, though I've been having some bad luck, difficulty-wise too.

I'll probably just increase the life of the Runners more, though the more life they get the hard the middle will be to play, though thats a reoccuring thing with most TDs lol.

Level 28
It's just an idea, but at the moment they get "weaker" as the game progresses (you get better tower, so they look weaker ^^).

So you can just add a trigger which adds a % to the enemies handicap each level (1-2% would do, so at the end the enemies will be 50-100% stronger :p)
I don't know for sure if it's with a real, but if it is, you can add 0.5% if 1% is too much

Level 11
It's just an idea, but at the moment they get "weaker" as the game progresses (you get better tower, so they look weaker ^^).

So you can just add a trigger which adds a % to the enemies handicap each level (1-2% would do, so at the end the enemies will be 50-100% stronger :p)
I don't know for sure if it's with a real, but if it is, you can add 0.5% if 1% is too much

I buffed the hell out of the Runners life with the last version, hopefully not to much I'll try and do a quick test before I goto bed.