• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] RPG map - how to make camera follow Unit by Height?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey! Been looking through many Cameraheight-triggers, but can't find the solution anyway. I really need to have it in with a spoon. I am kind of new in this and looking for help! =) So if there are any solutions, just don't show the trigger, but also how we get/make the variables. Thanks!

Here is the one I am currently trying to figure out:

• set.gif
    Set Camera Height
  • joinminus.gif
    events.gif
    Events
    • line.gif
      joinbottom.gif
      timer.gif
      Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
  • join.gif
    cond.gif
    Conditions
  • joinbottomminus.gif
    actions.gif
    Actions
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      set.gif
      Set TempPoint = (Position of Test Hero 0001 <gen>)
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      page.gif
      Custom script: set udg_rHeroHeight = GetLocationZ (udg_TempPoint)
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      cam.gif
      Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to (rHeroHeight + 200.00) over 0.50 seconds
    • empty.gif
      joinbottom.gif
      page.gif
      Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

For example, I don't even know how to Set TempPoint. I also don't know what type of Variable type rHeroHeight is.

By the Way, I do not have JASS, also wonder why it's so needed for different stuff. =)

Level 2
@Chaosy I will check it out, thanks! Other help in the thread is still welcome! Would be great to fix it fast, cause it's the only problem I have run into that's not been figured within a few hours.

Level 37
Status
Not open for further replies.