• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG creep system idea :P !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone i need your help in choosing my creep system?
This is link to my map Greed of Darkness ORPG. :wcool:
1. Duel with every creep 1v1 in custom duel area?
2. Normal system (put creep in editor, and they die and respawn at that place)?
3. When enters a region, creep is created?
4. Same as third but with a % chance?
5.???????????NEED IDEA?????????????????????
What system should be in my map?? :wscrolleyes:

Level 13
I would say Go with 1 but when you enter the region and have it set as a chance for more of a classic RPG feel to it.

Level 6
I will say 1 with a few customisations such as,

Multiple units ambush in the duel arena [% Chance to occur]
Area Buff or Debuff [Randomly generate a buff or debuff for the player's unit duel arena]
and more!

Level 15
I will see about duel one... Because i think it's a bit boring...
This is how it works...
There is circle on ground, when u come within 600 range it shows floating text: Level and name of monster for duel... There should be circles everywhere in my map... When you enter it, you get teleported to a custom duel area fighting your enemy, when u kill him, you get teleported back near circle... It can be boring to go in circles all over again... Example: for quest??? !! :wconfused:

Level 8
1 would be original at least. You could just make patrolling things that represent creep groups, and they run into you and then you get teleported off to a fight. You could trigger abilities and stuff easier that way too.

protip: dont make too much of a delay entering or leaving the arena or the slowness could make it boring. You could also make the creeps not attack you if youre a high level, unless you directly approach them. This should stop combat encounters from being too slow.

Level 18
Actually a really original idea (first point).
But this way to fight creeps have to fit with the rest of your RPG.

If you instantly teleport to the "arena" (the battlefield actually) it means your map has a huge scall. Towns must be represented by only one Town Hall and when you come close to it you also teleport into the town. Like Tales of Symphonia for instance.

In my opinion if you choose a such system your map must looks like a World Map (small trees, big town halls, small bridges, small hills and so on...).

It makes it easier to terrain but harder to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.