• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Rotating (Well Kinda) Buildings Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so after I realized buildings aren't able to get rotated, and that if I try to make it unit and than rotate it, it just starts to dance when I am testing it's position and I can never determine did I rotated it well.
I am trying to make Gate rotate Vertical instead of default Horizontal, so I was thinking is there a trigger to make like "Unit of type Gate is selected to be built - rotate triggering unit horizontal" or something like that.

Or if you have any idea how to stop model from dancing and rotating by his will when I am testing his rotation angles please say to me....would be of great help.

Level 4
Lol, I think by dancing u mean animation, your changing it's animation, not rotating it.

That always annoys me too.

For gates there usually is horizontal and verticle gates, just change the vertical gate to a horizontal one

Level 4
Ah...well then thats tricker...does this gate get opened at any point? Because if it does, making it a unit wont do any good. Although if it doesn't get opened you can always make it a unit and make a trigger that orders it to play its Stand animation and then pause the unit...just a suggestion..

Status
Not open for further replies.