• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Rotate Target 45 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am in the process of making a map where the player designs an area using doodads that have become purchasable units. However, I want the "doodads" to be rotational by the player.

Currently my trigger looks like this:
Event-A unit Finishes casting an Ability
Condition-Ability being cast Equal to Rotate Target
Actions
-Set angle = 45.00+(Facing of (Target of ability being cast))
-Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) face angle over .1 seconds

----
However, when I use the ability, the trigger executes but the unit isn't rotated and the "angle" variable never changes into anything other than 45.00.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a property I need to change on the target? Should I be basing the ability off of a certain spell?
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, if you have a different or possibly better way to do this, I am definitely willing to ditch this approach.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Level 2
Ok, that almost works, except it requires the unit to have movement... and I don't want these objects moving :(
Is it even possible to turn units that have no movement?

Edit: I now remove the target unit from the game and then add it back at the new angle and that works.

Level 1
Sorry for bumping.

I just wanted to say that I'm personally using this;

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Rotate

Actions
Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Position of (Casting unit)), facing (45.00 + (Facing of (Casting unit))) degrees

Just for further views of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.