• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem With an Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My ability, bloodscent, is supposed to make enemies near the target unit of ability being cast attack the target enemy of ability being cast for X seconds. The base ability I used was firebolt (because the ability stuns the target unit of ability being cast as well)
This is my Trigger:

(Events)
Unit - A Unit Finnishes Casting an Ability

(Conditions)
(Ability being cast) equal to Bloodscent

(Actions)
Unit - Change Ownership of target unit of ability being cast to player 5 yellow*
Unit - Add No Cooldown No Cost Taunt to target unit of ability being cast**
Unit - Order target unit of ability being cast to Night Elf Giant - Taunt
Unit Group - Pick every unit within a range of X from target unit of ability being cast
-Unit Group add Picked unit to Bloodscent Attackers Unit Group
- Order picked unit to attack target unit of ability being cast
wait X seconds
Change ownership of target unit of ability being cast to neutral hostile
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Bloodscent Attackers
- Order picked unit to stop
Unit Group
- Remove all units from Bloodscent Attackers

I want to know why this doesn't work.

*-Player 5 is an enemy of the caster and neutral creeps
**- When my ability didn't work initially I put this in just in case

Level 2
I'm not sure if this is right, but to the best of my knowledge, the event "Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability" doesnt store the variable "Target unit of ability being cast", try it with "Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability", also, as purple said, the "Wait X seconds" action erases all your local variables, such as "Target unit of ability being cast".

P.S, i dont think u need to order the units around the target to attack it, seeing as how Taunt already does this. Not sure if this is right, but try it anyways and let me know =D

Level 6
Lol, I changed that too, actually b4 u posted and it still didn't work, could it be because the neutral hostile "Owner" is overiding the oreder and ordering the units to attack the caster????

Level 6
I don't know how, but now it started working. Anyway thx for the help Purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.