• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Rotate Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, can someone please help me. I would like to rotate a gate in my game. I am using the original warcraft Demonic Gate model and as a base unit i'm using the Barracks(Using the castle Pathing). Its original position when you use the model is horizontal, i want to make it vertical. Please help.

Level 15
You could edit the model so that it faces vertically by default, but that's a waste of memory. You could remove the unit and create a new unit of the same type but facing the required angle by triggers. You are able to specify unit facing in that specific action.

Level 15
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove (Unit) from the game
    • Unit - Create 1 No unit-type for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 90.00 degrees
You have to remove the unit and then recreate it again facing the desired angle. You cannot change a unit's facing otherwise.

Level 26
You may to a degree set a buildings facing with Unit - Make Unit Face Angle but it won't automatically render the new rotation. A way to force it would be to reposition it with Unit - Move but the structure has to be in the local player's camera view with the new value before doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.