• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotating Walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, im creating a wall / barricade, and im having troubles because i need to rotate them in game, or just give my worker the ability to build a horizontal wall and a vertical wall, but i dont know how to make it

Thanx

i try to create 2 units, the horizontal one and the vertical, and give them the respectibl grafic model, but when i want to create a new barricade model, i cant use it, i dont know why :S (it dont apear when i select a model to my barricade)

Level 16
Hi, im creating a wall / barricade, and im having troubles because i need to rotate them in game, or just give my worker the ability to build a horizontal wall and a vertical wall, but i dont know how to make it

To do this, there is usually a vertical version of a wall, and a horizontal version of the wall. So its 2 different models. You make 2 different structures, 1 is vertical and 1 is horizontal. So the peasent has 2 different versions of the same wall.

i try to create 2 units, the horizontal one and the vertical, and give them the respectibl grafic model, but when i want to create a new barricade model, i cant use it, i dont know why :S (it dont apear when i select a model to my barricade)

I dont understand what your asking...

Just create different units for the directions that you want your walls to be able to build.
For each wall select the appropriate value under the field 'Pathing - Pathing Map' for collision purposes.
If you gave your units the appropriate wall models there shouldn't be any problems, as when the default wall models in Wc3 are used as actual destructible they don't use replaceable textures.Check again if you gave the units the appropriate model path and be sure that the unit is at an appropriate scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.