• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Rot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1)I'd like to know how the Rot Pudge (from DotA) uses is made. I suppose it's original spell is the Night Elf ability Immolation and a dummy with slow aura. But how do I make Pudge lose the HP, is it triggered? And how to I make the slow effect appear on the targets, because it won't work if I set it from the Buffs/Effects editor. (Solved)

2)I did the following: every 1.0 sec of game time a dummy with slow aura would appear at the position of the unit using the Rot ability with an expiration timer of 1 sec. But how do I make that when rot is turned off (because it's based on Immolation) the units stop appearing? I tried using the events 'when a unit stops casting an ability' and 'when a unit finishes casting an ability' but they keep on appearing.

Last edited:
Level 3
Ooo, just add and remove icon then? Great, thanx mate! I've been trying with the dummy but doesn't work as expected. Thanks a bunch!

Okey I did what I had said above but the aura just doesn't work... Why? I put it on my hero and nothing, the ms of all nearby units, including opponents, is the same...

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried with a negative Endurance Aura and it worked. :D

Level 3
I did the following: every 1.0 sec of game time a dummy with slow aura would appear at the position of the unit using the Rot ability with an expiration timer of 1 sec. But how do I make that when rot is turned off (because it's based on Immolation) the units stop appearing? I tried using the events 'when a unit stops casting an ability' and 'when a unit finishes casting an ability' but they keep on appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.