• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rosaria ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
EDIT: After trying to complete this myself, i have decided it is too time consuming, and my real talent lies in standard "follow the path" Rpgs :) So! Ide like to bring some people in to finish the map off.

As it stands, the terrain is pretty much complete. Theres also a 3rd person camera system in place. Other than that though, the game lacks in terms of heroes, quests and items xD

So basically, ive decided to pass this map on to whoever wants to finish it :) Just give credit to me for the terrain :)

If your interested in finishing the map, leave a reply and I'll arrange to send it to you :)

Im currently in the middle of an ORPG Project, and I thought ide give everyone a sneak preview ;) Some of you might know of my previous project, Rosaria RPG, which was a standard "follow the path" RPG. However! I thought ide pull the boat out for this map, and make something a little bit nicer.

Its going to be set in the same world as the previous game, only this time, you can roam the map, doing quests, finding items, and of course, the ability to actually choose your class this time :) Basically, its going to be a pretty standard ORPG map.

I do have a quick question though, I have never made a save/load system before :eekani:, so once everything else is done, I might need someone to do it for me, because im lazy like that ;) Full credit will be given to whoever this may be :)

Features of the Map:

- Cinematics will be a key focus for the map. Each event (For example, a boss, or a quest battle) will have its own unique intro.

- Choice between Normal and 3rd Person Camera

- Custom Models and Music where possible.

- Up to 10 Players

- Less than 4mb to allow for online play!

- Standard warcraft 3 battle system, so nothing fancy im afraid. I aim to make this newbie friendly, and easy to work out :)

- And all the standard ORPG stuff, such as classes, items, skills, save/load etc.

At this stage, theres little content to show, however! I have made a few screenshots of a few areas that are almost done in terms of landscapes. Enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think! And if you have any questions/ criticism or suggestions, ide be more than happy to hear them :)

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 395
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 386
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 386
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 224
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 191
  • hero-1.jpg
    hero-1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 216
  • hero-2.jpg
    hero-2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Level 6
Screenies look great. I'd love to have some more info though. You know to get me hyped lol.

If you have some time post some things like this. If you have decided that is.
1. How many skills per class, If they are triggered.
2. Are there custom models in game?
3. Kinds of items and equipment and if they show on character.
4. Unique systems included.
5. How many players is it?

For save/load systems their are many in the spells section on the hive.
But I am unsure if you have to add your own items to them etc.

Suggestions
1. If the map is for high levels put in repeatable quests for grinding.
2. Add in unique professions. Like (Golem Working, Enchanter, and Rabid-Monkey Tamer)lol. Those are just random examples.

Good Luck and have fun.

Level 30
Ill post some more info when I know whats going on ^^ Only been making it for 3 days, so im still making my mind up on what to put in it :D But to answer a few of your questions:

1. How many skills? As many as possible! I have no experience with trigger spells as of yet, but Ill see what I can do :) Im sure its not too hard :p

2. Ill put in custom models where I can. However, due to the map needing to be less than 4mb for bnet play, I doubt everything will be custom =] but I'll definately put some in for the major bosses :p

3. All the items in this game will be custom, with imported icons etc. As for showing up, it all depends how much memory I have left, as each item will require a new model. Although, be assured there will definately be at least a few items that will show on the model, so that higher level characters can easily be recognised!

4. For most of the game, im just going to use the standard War3 system for fighting, aquiring skills etc. Although! Im going to add bosses and special events all over the map, such as cinematics, and a couple of large scale battles as part of quests etc.

5. I was thinking 10 players? Which will allow for some nice team-questing :D

Hope this clears a few things up :D and thanks for the suggestions! I may well incorporate a few if I have the time ;)

Level 9
Looks great, the terrain looks really good without being overly packed with doodads.

Also, I'm glad it's going to use standard WC3 controls and such. Learning a new playing system for each different RPG really gets tedious after a while. As long as some (or all) of the spells are custom, I'll definitely play it!

Level 4
Anything else than the standard inventory system is peachy. :)

Uhm, uhm, I can maptest. I have no prior experience but hell, there's always a good time to start right? Plus, I'm on vacation. More free time. :grin:

Last edited:
Level 30
hmmm....

After trying to complete this myself, i have decided it is too time consuming, and my real talent lies in standard "follow the path" Rpgs :) So! Ide like to bring some people in to finish the map off.

As it stands, the terrain is pretty much complete. Theres also a 3rd person camera system in place. Other than that though, the game lacks in terms of heroes, quests and items xD

So basically, ive decided to pass this map on to whoever wants to finish it :) Just give credit to me for the terrain :)

If your interested in finishing the map, leave a reply and I'll arrange to send it to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.