• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rookie terrain contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Since challenge section is down and sephyir is having issues with bugs on his computer, I decited to make a terrianing contest for rookies. Here are the rules..

Terrian Rules

-The titleset is Northrend
-Map must be bigger then 150
-You will have 3 weeks to complete your map
-No imported terrain or doodads since we are rookies and we want to show our skills.
-It has to be made from scratch, dont copy from another persons terrain or we will know.
-Deadline starts when we have atlease 3+ people.
-Use your imagination
-We will have a admin or a moderator to judge us.
-Post 10+ pictures of your terrain when you are done
-It's optional to post your map down, but its a good idea so I don't think your cheating.

If its ok with the judge.
1st place gets 7rep
2nd place gets 4rep
3rd place gets 2rep

If you want to be a judge just pm me or post it on this thread.

List of people who joined:
Sacrimo
Ricky
Chaos Overlord
Burger_Bling
Herotodlstuff

Last edited:
Level 10
It looks like no one wants to join, I guess thats because people don't want to know that there rookies......owell, if no one joins in another day or so you can put this into the unaproved contest.

Level 2
Hi

Hi~Ricky

Hmmm. Think im in might be a bit of fun:emote_grin: Check your pm's i sent you a message earlier. Just a note to others out there: even if your too high up and you think your reputation will suffer because you enter a rookie contest. Look i dont care if people think im stupid or whatever i just dont. So i hope others will come around and enter as this could be fun.

Level 10
I hope that means your in:) ok we got 2 people(including me) just need one more.

[offtopic]I got your PM, since this is about rep, you have to atlease be a moderator or admin.[/offtopic]

Level 12
I'm a rookie and I would like to do this.... 150? Ouch... that is a ton but I might be interested. Don't chalk me up as a definate because I am busy and may not be able to enter so I don't want to get hopes up. If you get enough people without me, I will try to make something.

Level 10
Ok we got 3 people(including me) we shall wait till the end of the week until the deadline starts,I will edit my first post for my instructions. Anyone who wants to join, please come. And we need a judge.

Last edited:
Level 10
Remember I said I will try to do it. i don't want to get this started and then realize that I will have no time. Try to get one more before you start.

Alright, but if we can't find anymore, I hope you will atlease have 1 hour a day for 3 weeks to terrain.

Level 10
As much as I would like to, I can't (yet).

Archian and the other admins are working on upating the challenge rules, I have some ideas of my own.

Until things are finalized, we cant make any moves.

Within the next week or so, I hope I'll have some better news.

I asked Wolver to judge but hese busy with the challenge rules. So we can only rely on a mod to judge, or we can wait a week or so. And please, rookies from all over the hive, even if you don't know how to terrain, come we are all begginers.

Level 10
Alright, when sunday comes to past we will start...when we are done with our terrain, the challenge section should be back and running about, deadline starts in 2 days. Good like to the contestents.

Level 10
Hate to triple post, but got to inform you all that we are starting this contest now. The contest will end in 3 weeks or when we get a judge past that. Start terraining!

Level 6
Hey Sacrimo... I hope its not to late for me to join in, I've always wanted to be in a terraining contest but their are so many excellent terrainers at the hive and im not nearly as good, but this may be my lucky day for this is for rookies :D Hope i can join

Level 10
Rep reward's pretty low
Secondly, contest should be approved before people start saying they're in or not xD, and atm there's alrdy a terrain challenge going on... which is gonna last a looong time

I dought there are rookies in that terrianing

Burger: ok, start terrianing, your on the list. And this was already approved.

Level 10
I got some qestions:
1-Dose the terrain have to go together, or can differnt parts of the map be differnt? (as in, one part be trees then SUDDENLY, withOUT blending in, makeing water...It would be on the same map, but differnt terrain. or would that take of points?)
2-Do we have to post pictures, or just give you the map?

srry havnt been here for awile, but...

1: thats optional

2: yes

Level 10
I ment will it take points away if we dont make it fit well together, or no?

Yes to witch,lol. WE do have to post the map,or no?

yeah, terrain needs to look good together, not all sloppy.

You should post the map, so I know your not cheating off another terraining map:infl_thumbs_up:

Maybe I mis understand you. Right now we have to fill a 160 x 160 map. Make a map that size in youre WE, look how huge it is.
not as hard as the terraining contest that takes months.
Yeah, in that all you have to do Is submit one screenshot of terrain, not fill a 160 x 160 map. But youre terrain has to be batter in it thats all.....For rookie this is harded that for pros how that would be...

EDIT: If you dont get what I ment, I ment Is if I was a rookie, this would seem harder then if I was a pro doing the other one.

Level 10
Maybe I mis understand you. Right now we have to fill a 160 x 160 map. Make a map that size in youre WE, look how huge it is.

Yeah, in that all you have to do Is submit one screenshot of terrain, not fill a 160 x 160 map. But youre terrain has to be batter in it thats all.....For rookie this is harded that for pros how that would be...

EDIT: If you dont get what I ment, I ment Is if I was a rookie, this would seem harder then if I was a pro doing the other one.

in the beginning it said that you need a limited number of pictures, so you don't have to fill the entire map, I might have misunderstood, so I might edit.

Level 32
This was a (sorta) kewl idea that was never implemented. In order to be approved it would have to be much more fully developed.

For now, I'm moving it to Unapproved contests. Sacrimo: please edit your original post to develop it further. Refer to other approved or completed contests to study fine examples. Contact me via PM if you require assistance.

~ Thread moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.