• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Version 4.5

I have being developing this map for quite some time now. Slowly stacking on the pieces and filling it in to become the map i present for you today.

Over the better part of the last 6 months i have being playtesting it, and I now feel it is in a state at which im content with releasing it. There are many features taking from Romance of the Three Kingdoms video game series and a little taken from Dynasty Warriors. Overall i wanted to get the feel of RoTK 8 or 10, and I beleive it has being acheived. Enough with the chit chat though. Here are the features;

Here are the features...
Economy: Gather resourses at the vaults of cities with Imperial Tax Collectors.
Economy: Receive income at the end of every 1/2 year (diminishes as the wars increase).
Economy: Take out cash and lumber from the marketplaces.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warfare: Large and limitless armies can roam and recreate the battles of china.
Warfare: Massive sieges with your favore siege weapons of dynasty warriors including the juggernaut!
Warfare: Able to build extensive wall network and towers to help defend your kingdom.
Warfare: Massive naval battles and extensive river network interconnecting create new strategic deph in planning out you kingdoms defence and plan of attack.
Warfare: Unique units found at different cities such as Elephants, Nanzhong, Wusun and Pirates!
Warfare: Purchase heroes of DW/RoTK! From Guan Yu to Zuo Ci! These heroes are found in taverns throughout the map ( taverns have there own unique assortment ).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diplomacy: A simple yet powerful -ally / -unally system.
Diplomacy: A new -surrender option allows players to surrender to the winning kingdom to help that kingdom grow an empire (can also do this with a friend at beginning to start with an upper hand).
World: A dynamic changing world where every city from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms game is in it.
World: Riots breakout if no troops are present.
World: Bandit and Pirate raids are frequent when the war ravages on.
World: Event/Year Tab keep you up to date on the current happenings and the year of the game.
World: Random events keep the game feeling fresh and interesting.
Game: A huge number of Custom Models used in the game from the lowly peasant troops to the leader of Wei Cao Cao!
Game: Atmospheric game that immerses and makes you feel your fighting for your kingdom and scalping its destiny.
Game: Unique music playing the background from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms game.
Game: Custom uster interface adds more falvor for the culture of Chinese!
Game: Custom zoom for the camera. -zoom XXXX

Enjoy :D many more features but thats the most important.

Keywords:
Dynasty Warriors, romance of the three kingdoms, guan yu, total warfare, war, destruction, chaos, age, of imperal seal, China
Contents

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Map)

Reviews
15:01, 13th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Well dude first of all try to improve map description:
I will post some links and hope you will check and learn something!

First map description:

Here check this one: Click and this one also: Click again

Then about map:
If map isn't finished jet, use Map Development forum for that! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Now come THW rules:
Map Rules

What you need to improve/fix/change...
I tried your map and I must say that terrain looks bad, use JNG WE to place large number of doodads (you reached max so I guess that is problem :D)
Here are some links to terrain tutorials:

Beginners F.A.Q To Terraining [22 May 2009 21:18]iPeez
Creating a Dungeon Entrance [07 Oct 2009 14:07]X-OMG-X
Creating Rivers with Rolling Shores [31 Dec 2006 21:56]1337D00D
Editing Cliff Skins [02 Jan 2009 20:17]Argus
How to Make Easy Waterfalls [10 Nov 2009 08:38]RoboHippo
How to make good looking lava in WE [03 Feb 2010 13:50]Piwlady
How to remove Blight's green clouds [26 Oct 2009 04:11]Stathisdjs
iPeez's Complete Terraing Tutorial v1.0 [18 Jan 2009 18:38]iPeez
Natural Environments [30 Aug 2008 21:42]~Void~
Pathing - Everything about it [01 Jan 2010 18:33]Dr. Boom
Playable Terrain: Islands [06 Sep 2008 08:41]Belgarath
Playable Terrain: Overgrown Forests [03 May 2008 01:27]Belgarath
Polishing Your Game [25 May 2010 00:55]N1ghthawk
Terrain Overgoes - a small guide [28 Sep 2009 04:33]Belgarath
Terrain: Advanced Lighting [13 Feb 2008 05:41]~Void~
Terrain: Forest Cliffs [06 May 2007 11:48]Jattenalle
Terraining - Path by the Sea [16 Feb 2008 02:23]Belgarath
Terraining Tut. - Forests [04 Dec 2006 03:52]HernanG
The Ultimate Beginners Terrain Tutorial [12 Jun 2007 13:31]HermanTheGibbon
Various Terraining Tips! [17 Sep 2009 21:59]Revolve

Well I attached links to few tut here on THW and to their Authors!
Some are easy some are for advanced users!

Some have little to do with terrain some much more!
Pls at least scroll down each one just to check pictures!

If you really want to learn how to terrain, check also other sites like
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/
http://www.wc3c.net/
and others...

open maps, check terrain contest etc etc, check terrain board and people showcases, explore user albums, search Hive... You can always ask some user for help, join to Chat room sometimes (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/apps.php?p=gochat)

:razz: 2 Much work to do right :xxd:

I also checked your triggers and I found memory leaks
  • Pirates
    • Events
      • Time - Every (Random real number between 400.00 and 800.00) seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units owned by Neutral Hostile)) Less than 199
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Add Neutral Victim to (Last created leaderboard) with label |c00ffffffPirates.|... and value 0
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c00cc6600Pirates ...
      • Unit - Create 15 Pirate for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Pirates 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 20 Pirate for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Pirates <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 25 Pirate for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Pirates 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Trigger above is example!
Some triggers works but they are bad, you can replace all surrender yellow (example) with only one, using arrays and triggered player number as pointer :D
Open hidden tag below and find tutorial for ya, you have a lot to learn:

Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials

THW tutorials, you can also visit many other sites like wc3c or the helper net etc etc...

Also if recommend you to check links below:

Hi again Seprinth. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 2
Thanks for all the links and your opinions. But sullenly it is just that an opinion and no matter how fervidly you disagree with the terrain it will not be modified significantly. Now I made this map for multiplayer, and it really all comes down to is my tastes and if I really appreciate it. I perceive you probably think im conceited or naive, but really there is no right or wrong when it comes to the maps look. The eye candy approach of the map is aggravating for me overall and I find it dreary in map creation.

Making the map of China was difficult enough for someone like me. The whole process of creating maps is severely abnormal for me in terms of triggers cause I simply cannot comprehend these types of triggers and events because I just do not have the time for it. So if you would like to fix the memory leaks by all means do so (as you probably no the map has no protection).

But thank you for your thoughts and sorry for my contumacy. But I did not put this map on here to "assay" or "analyze." I simply put it on here so the map can gain the renown and notability it deserves. I know this makes me sound bad.
But I will be updating the Description and adding screenshots if I can ever get this game to host on B.net.

Thank you for your time.

Level 31
Making the map of China was difficult enough for someone like me.

Making a map, whether it was big or small has never been easy.

terms of triggers cause I simply cannot comprehend these types of triggers and events because I just do not have the time for it.

If you have no time for it, you should have never make a map at the beginning as it was time consuming and the trigger/script are the most important aspect to care of.

That is the problem with majority of the map wannabe, that is also an factor why many map failed to reach the criteria of high quality and minimal errors. Infact, most of the project abandon halfway cause they never think about it.

So if you would like to fix the memory leaks by all means do so

Having a trigger that constantly execute any action with leak was very bad, it could cause an drastic fps drop and much worst when it was playing online.

You're the map maker itself, if you have the time to fix it and the knowledge to do so; you should have fix it yourself and not ask your fellow map tester/player to do it for you.

If you want help, you should have do so at map development section.

But I did not put this map on here to "assay" or "analyze."

Map at here are subjected to evaluation to see if they met the min criteria of a decent map. If we do not do evaluation and simply allowed people to upload it freely, this site would turn into another epic war site that are flooded with poor quality map.

I simply put it on here so the map can gain the renown and notability it deserves.

If you want it to get what it deserves, then that is the process that it should undergo. Whether you like it or not, this site have quality control or else we would never have approve/pending/reject/review status for map.

But I will be updating the Description and adding screenshots if I can ever get this game to host on B.net.

This is not your priority, your priority should be fixing your trigger and optimize it. Map with the size over 256 * 256 with 5mb size and heavy leak trigger would never gain any popularity and support.

People would not bother to host a map with such a bad setup. Even if they do host it and there is people joining the game, they would simply leave the game after 2-3 minutes if the lag cause by memory leak was way too much to be handle.

I would request moderator to set your map to Rejected till updated until you fix the trigger. Once you fix it, simply click the button "Update" at the upper right of this thread to update your map and the description instead of delete and re-upload it.

Level 1
can you please put AI to this game... i simply enjoy the game. but currently i am play only single player here.. and its kinda boring without any other player moving. so will you add AI system to this map, i like it very much.