• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roller Coster!

Fun Game Idea For warcraft?

• Fun Game Idea.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Boring Game idea.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Doesnt matter its too hard for rover2341 to make, you would have to be relly skilled to make it.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hmm. this could be a fun game. I would basically build a system for people to make there own roller coasters. You would be able to build a your own roller coaster and after its done others in the game could ride it. And rate it. I have alot of ideas for how thing like that could play out, even a possible save load system but those are the last parts of the project, so i am not concerned with them at the moment.

Who doesn't want to see a orc riding a roller coaster with hes hands in the air?

How the game would function.

2 Systems

1. The builder
Basically allows you to set your tracks down, and keeps track of all the information.

2. The Roller Coaster Rider
Basically There are 7 Models (or 4 depending how you look at it). And they are placed in the correct position. A Cart would get sent slightly above the mid points of the track model. Then i would have a detection system to tell me when they got close and send them to the next one.

Below Are a few pics That show the foundation of the game. I haven't done any triggering yet, still planing and working on the correct models.
Any Questions of comments. Feel Free to ask.

Attachments

• Tracks Info 1.PNG
    Tracks Info 1.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 96
  • Tracks Info 2.PNG
    Tracks Info 2.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Graph Info.PNG
    Graph Info.PNG
    7.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Cart Info.PNG
    Cart Info.PNG
    44.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Camera.PNG
    Camera.PNG
    168.8 KB · Views: 95
  • BuildableArea.PNG
    BuildableArea.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Tracks Information 3.PNG
    Tracks Information 3.PNG
    206.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 12
Bump, Its been about a week or so. I think i am ok to bump it...

Anyway anyone got any input, If no one likes it tell me. I don't want to pore my life into this game and everyone hate it before it starts.

If i don't get any input this time around i might just scratch the idea. But i figured it would be fun game.

Level 2
he is right is sounds possible but in my mind (b/c i don't know a lot about the world editor and how it works) i don't see it working. i bet in can.

if you end up making it (i wish you do) then can you send me the map so i can try it out:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.