• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rolecraft I: Project Eperxomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Basically pronounced eperchomenon. In greek, means the future, the one that hasn't came yet but is about to.

This map is an rpg map with Dungeon & Dragon play style (simillar to neverwinter nights (yes 1d3 and such fancy stuff)). This means that except of skill and patience, you need tons of luck. Ok it's another wannabe rpg...

But i got one question for you. What makes rpg in wc3 seem boring after a while? I mean compare a wc3 rpg map with lineage, WoW and generally mmo
What lacks in wc3? I'll tell you. MMO means Massive Multiplayer online. Thus millions of people play online and that's the fun.
And here i get to the point. How can we modify a game so that more than just 10-12 person can play it online?

Well... i tell you

In each game, you can have let's say 10 players in the loby and two slot for Creeps etc. If now i reserve one slot for a kind of GameMaster which won't be a person, but a computer program?

Now let's say in the same time, we create a second game of 10 players and another GM. Now, what if we could link those two GM's so when a player in one game performs an action, the GM in the other game makes a unit that is simillar to the hero of the player in the first game, does the same action and vice versa?
It's more like having 20 players in one map or better 20 players in 2 maps which are inked. You get my point right?:infl_thumbs_up:

And why only 20 players? A garena room, can handle up to 255 users right?
Let's say we can have 23(+2 if need) GM's thus 23 games linked and 230 players in one map. Now we can start talking about an MMORPG in WC3.
If you intrested, post here and ill tell more of mine ideas

Thanks for reading
Arnadath

Level 6
No you don't get the point.
In one map, you cn have a max of 12 players playing ok?
In my map, i have 10 slot for players 1 for NPC/creeps and one remaining.
On this remaining, there can be a gm, a normal player that is used by the computer
The computer sends message through the gm in the game, containing commands
let's say (2):CRT 1385 19064,19064 means that a mob with template 1385, will be created on point X:19064 , Y:19064 this comman is typed by the GM which is a Host pc program. This commad was given by another pc, that has 10 other players and one other GM. So when you do an action, your gm translates the action to some kinda text, and orders the other gm to write this command so your action can be seen by the other game.
Other action (2):TXT PLAYER 15 "Guys were can i do this quest?"
means that player 5 from the second game, sends a message and so the GM/host from the first game, shows to all players the message that writed the player from the second game.

Level 17
20 players? One game? One RPG game, mind you. No offense, but for the majority, that may cause lag and delay.

Level 4
Arnadath, post here what do you want to see - in what type rpg. I have ideas for skill gain systems, quest systems, battle systems. Also i can realize them!

Level 6
I can help with gameplay but tell me what you want to see

Ok find me some scenario. I intend to put in this game 6 races
raceClass
orc's fighter,mage
Elves priest,Paladin,mage,Archer
Humans Rogue,Knight,Villager(mechanical summons),sniper(like archer, but carries a gun)
night elves Archer,templar,mage,hunter,knight(the blood elf one)
Skeletons Arcer,fighter,mage
Naga Necromancer,mage,knight,hunter

I need you to find a story for every race and every class (not to big) and some quest ideas. the max level is 20 and you get level hard (like nwn)

Level 4
Probably make night elf race shortly or make someone any like SaintGrove elves or Nightfall elves if you really want to connect them with night. Remove skeletons, it is stereotype, try use "The morbid" or "The fallen". And add skeleton (as archer OR fighter) vampire (as mage) and Bestia or InvaderBeast as fighter. I use naming "fighter" as melee class. So rename it (each race must include their own melee class). I agree orc shaman is a stereotype but orc mage is no interesting. Make something like orc firemage or frostcaller. Use one melee class for orc but with chance to upgrade class to higher.
About level - NOT MAKE IT. People like gain levels balanced so no hard or easy ganing. Make 50-70 levels if you need help ask it.

Level 6
Nice idea.
ill think about those with the names
For the level part.
I won't add many levells, and each level will be slightly better than the previous.
Also farming won't give good level, while questing or raid generally game interface stuff, will give you a lot. If you don't gain level, then why should you quest? this is what many rpg players think. I'll send you a locked copy of the map so you gan tell me what you think but first wait till i add the class etc.

Level 4
But 20 levels for MMORPG! Are you laugting! Make not lesser then 40 or it will hurt your map. Make 1-3 levels to gain very fast include mobkilling way but 3> (when gamers way, skills and character is already formed) make it harder

Level 7
not gonna work

the idea about gms is pretty cool but hard to realise
is the gm a computer program or a real person
if its a person then battles movement and everything would go pretty slow (gm of one game would have to move 10 heroes in real time)
if its a program you would have to be a really good programer and highly expirienced with networks
there is a 3rd option and that is to do it with triggers and a person with to computers who translates the chat beetwen games and triggers do the rest
the last way is the best but you would have to to computer and to really fast connections ( hard to find a person like that not to speak about 2 or 3 gms because that would mean you would have to have 2 or 3friends with 4 or 6 computers)

the best is to make your own server with inside traffic (extremly hard)

stick with usual 10 players and make your game uniqe enough by content

Level 6
i'm talking for something like the last you said
Everything in the one game, will be translated in a text wit triggers.
After that, it's not hard to export it, give the info to the other pc and translate it.
The gm, is a computer program, which just exports and imports the script, every second.
With a very good server, we can have all the 22 gm's in one pc. And the lag will be prety less. But i need you cooperation to do this. So if you know anyone that can help (with map or a wannabe programer, that knows some stuff about wc3) plz let me know.

Level 7
dont get me wrong i like the idea and really want it to become real but i just want to say that if you really want it be sepios about it and form a real team of skilled programers. my uncle is a program architect with a master on software development so i will ask him what he thinks about this and is it possible for him to find you someone to help you but idoubt that he will find anyone who isnt busy for next 2 years

i think it is best for you to go on some programing forums ( those serious one ) and find someone

in the time until you find someone make a normal rpg ( relase it ) and then make it massive multiplayer

Level 6
Ok zolga thx for help, i dnt wan't you to disturb your father because of me...
Anyway guys. I would apriciate if anyone could find me how to add fly animation to tichondrius (you know the dreadlord) model
If you can find one, ill give you like 5000 rep (yes i make 4999 acc)
BTW: dantark, i have thought about the land. This map will be only the 1/3 or 1/4 of the real world.
It'll be like one world for 1-20 lvl, 1 for 20-30 and one for 30-40. Ill tell you more and perhaps some image but you gotta know i dnt make good pics in bmp etc.

Level 6
Hello world of hiveworkshop:
I got some fresh news about my map.
Current version is 1.0.383
What ive added so far:
(1): Smart camera movement so if you try to climb somewhere, you have a constant look at your avatar
(2): Fortification save (see next post for details)
(3):So far made the skill for Amazon (Moon elf archer) and Anihilator (orc mage) (see next post for details)
(4):almost ended with the terraining job
(5):Added a smart system so you can't climb elevated terrain and also fall when running down from a elevated place to another. (yet not decided about the damage)
(6):Writen the story and atribute etc. for all races and classes.
(7):I have almost completed all the gameplay elements yet i havent finished quest system storyboards etc. so plz help me someone.
(8):Added a leaderboard system which enables you to see the characteristics of the unit you targeted. When you click another unit , its shows up life, life percentage,categorize (Intact wounded maimed near death and all that fancy stuff you see in Neverwinter nights), mana mana percentage etc.
(9):Added music and sounds, which will played depending on th place you are

Many more to come.
Ask me for an alpha copy of the map if you wan't to really see what ive done

Level 6
Fortification save mechanic
All units with more than 4 strength , can perform a fortification save, which means that have a chance to block an atack when theyre hp is less than 10%
The chance is calculated n this way
(1/4)+(1/5)+(1/6)+...+(1/your strength) vs luck modifier of oponnent which is a (1d600)/100 roll dice. You fortified factor goes about to 1+(e*0.88) (you know 2.71828 18284 59045 23536). So the best fortification save factor is 3.781 vs maximum 6 of your opponents luck factor. The will save system will go excact the same way, working instead with you inteligence and saving from magical damage (fortification saves from physical only). I will add something else for the reflex save

Level 6
Amazon (moon elf archer)
Archer class generally have an 600 range point blank shot that never misses. After this range, the dice go again in the game and we got a 2d6 throw where the miss angle is calculated in this math type: (((1d6 x 9) + (1d6 x 1.5))-32)/2
Also arranged according to the shot some stuff.
So when miss angle less than one degrees, it will be a "headshot", when +-max 2 degrees is "perfect" then goes "miss" at +- max 1 degrees and for the rest is a "failure"

This is for all archer class. Now the skills of moon elf archer are:
Reveal shot: fires an arrow at targeted point and leaves an invisible sentry which can see invisible beings
True shot: Gives you perfect dice when firing an arrow for 6/8/10 seconds

Anhilator: Added one skill
Face of death: 180/180/160 sec cooldown has 10 second casting which provoke the enemy and a 1d2 chance for concertration save, so better use it when inly one target is hitting you. The damage when you finish cast, is 40/50/60 * your inteligence +50
Can be interupted with stun etc. so be wise when u use it

Thats for now, i come up with more details later
Sorry for mine english but i wrote them in a hurry

Bye for now
Arnadath

p.s a better way of the miss dice calculation math type is this: (((1d6-3) x 9) + ((1d6-3) x 1.5))/2

Level 7
if you'll get it to work and it wont lag like shit it will be great.

but even if you play a map with alot of players its still not means its fun.

i think that if youll have a good map the number of players wont matter much. focus on that, only after you're done you should try combining maps.

how do you make a good map?
i perssonaly hate MMOs. the formula: kill to level up to get better items to kill stronger opponents to level up some more. i find it reppetitve and pointless.
if you want you map to be good (or just me liking it XD) you should be original and do things diffrently.

Status
Not open for further replies.