• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rodent Termination! V.1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
RODENT TERMINATION
Story Synopsis:
Ah yes, hunting season! The season of spraying bullets at wandering animals, flying blood and lots of explosions! A Mortar Team has gone on a hunting trip and has decided to hunt the BIG-GAME this time. But nature intends to resist so she sends in Rodents! Their objective is to tire out the Mortar Team. And of course, the Mortar Team's objective is to exterminate those vile Rodents!

Controls and Such

Rodents
THREE POINTS. RUN. HIDE. MULTIPLY.
Rodents must run in order not to die. They are able to hide so the Shooter (Mortar Team), has trouble killing your rodents.

Abilities
Blink: Just your average, good 'ol blink. Mostly used for dodging mortar shells.
Nest: Places a nest on the ground that will spawn 3 copies of you over time.
Burrow (V): To use, stand IN the rocks and you will become 'burrowed'.

Items

Call of Nature: Earthquake
Sends an earthquake to the Shooter, shaking him up for 10 seconds!

Call of Nature: Silence
Sends a miraculous silence across the field, defusing any time bombs!

Call of Nature: Lightning
The Shooter is nearly hit by a lightning bolt and is dazed for 10 seconds!

Shelter
Creates a shelter that can hold 8 rodents!

Boots of Speed, Potion of Invulnerability/ Invisibility
Standard items.
Shooter
THREE POINTS. SHOOT. KILL. ANNIHILATE.
The shooter has a mortar (of course), but also another ability which he can use to cause more mass destruction with.

Abilities
Fire Mortar: Fire your big mortar to wipe out those nasty vermin!
Special Rocket (D): Places a beacon which will indicate where the first item in your inventory slot will fire.

Items

Time Bomb
Places a bomb which explodes after 5 seconds.

Bombs Away!
Calls in a sky-barge strike to wipe out a big portion of rodents.

Crazy Exterminator
Call in a crazy robot that will run over anything in it's path.

Pocket Factory
Builds a factory at the target ground which creates Clockwerk Goblins (a.k.a. vermin bashers), to kill more rodents!

Pack of Dogs
Call in a pack of dogs who will rip any rodents apart.

Hunting Dog
Call in a Hunting Dog that will sniff rodents out of ONE burrow.

Bio Bomb
Call in a bio- nuclear bomb that will release clouds of toxic gases which kill rodents over time.

Nuclear Explosion
Call in a nuke that will destroy everything in a radius of 800.
Screenshots (Links) and Stuff

Credits
  1. Zedra for Alpha AND Beta tesing
  2. WILL THE ALMIGHTY for his awesome Ground Explosion

Map is protected

Keywords:
rodent, termination, mini, game, prey, nature, battle
Contents

Rodent Termination! V.1.2 (Map)

Reviews
22:42, 20th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
Add type. Please use the update buttons when you update your maps.... It's there for a reason.

I know it's there for a reason and ofc I use it but the other map was deleted otherwise I wudve used that ofc... But please check these things before you tell people they're doing something wrong..

Edit:
Okay so I found my first map back, but I checked all map sections before and couldn't find it... Now it IS there.. Anyway...
Ap0calypse you said monotone terrain... Well it's a fricking minigame which is supposed to last less than 10 minutes... And memory leaks. I'll check again. for the fact that rodents can go offscreen, I know but it's supposed to be like tht.. I agree it is very annoying from the shooters perspective.. But really, for the rodents, it's just another method to survive and so it adds an extra element in gameplay... Shooters can still kill the slightly off-screen rodents by looking at their minimap... And a the loadingscreeb says it IS more fun with friends.. Maybe try it? I assure you it will be fun/competetive..

Last edited:
Level 28
I know it's there for a reason and ofc I use it but the other map was deleted otherwise I wudve used that ofc... But please check these things before you tell people they're doing something wrong..
I don't delete maps. Never.
If this would actually be true, then you'd have an almost valid reason, but it isn't.

I haven't seen any good improvements.
Terrain is still boring (and yes: it's possible to see the rodents AND have a good terrain, your point got denied), the camera can still be bugged, rodents can still get out of sight, only a few items, bad special item launch.

Well it's a fricking minigame
Okay, so all minigames may have a crappy terrain?

I know but it's supposed to be like tht.
It's crap, just hide off-screen *yay*.

it IS more fun with friends.. Maybe try it?
Nope, I don't think so.