• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Nigma RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Here are some highlights of my RPG:

• Third Person
Simple UI - I get down to business when it comes to the interface, showing only what you need to see.​
Advanced Movement - There are things such as autorun, strafe, and intelligent detection system that will predict exactly what you want to do. The movement will feel exactly like those in MMORPGs.​
Camera Movement - Get access to the camera with multiple zoom levels and easy camera rotation.​
  • Quest System
Quest Log - You even have access to a quest log, as shown in the second screenshot. View and Abandon quests anytime you like.​
Rewards - Get rewarded for what you do with gold, experience, and even loot!​
Quest Tracking - You can even track your quests quickly by pinning them to the screen in an unintrusive window.​
Icon Indicators - Quickly know your progress simply by looking at the overhead of a quest giver, or to see if there are quests available!​
  • Inventory/Equipment System
Huge Space - You have 48 slots of inventory space right from the start at level 1.​
Banks - Not enough space? Use your bank that can be accessed by any of your characters​
Equipment - 16 slots to equip items in - your character personalization will be truely unique.​
  • Itemization
The demo will release with 1000 items.​
There are 6 tiers of items - Normal, Magic, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Void.​
Prefix and Suffixes - Items can have a prefix and a suffix! Rarer items might even be unique in name.​
Itemization is catered to any kind of build, playstyle, or talent build.​
  • Talent System
Unlimited Builds - There are over 900 talents to choose from.​
7 Major Categories - Heal, Engineer, Physical, Psionic, Demonic, Magic, Tank.​
3 Sub-Categories Per Category - Totalling 27 categories to choose talents from!​
10 Ranks per talent - Increase the potency of every skill you wish to learn at your own will.​
NO restrictions - Want some tank talents? Go ahead. Oh wait, you want some heal talents too? Go ahead. Now you want some Psionic talents? Go ahead! Get points ANYWHERE no matter what your current build is.​
  • Combat System
Custom Combat - I've developed my own attack engine. You can single wield, dual wield, cast spells, and even dual cast!​
New Health Bars - Easier to read and view health bars. Player status bar is on the bottom left near your action bar. Enemy health bars display down there as well, but with an option, you can see their health bar whenever they are near you right above their head.​
  • Buff System
Player Buffs - See your own buffs at the top left.​
Target Buffs - See your current target's buffs at the top right.​
Debuffs - See debuffs of both your own and your target's right below their buffs.​
You can cancel buffs at will. Don't want a buff some player gave you? Well, just click it and get rid of it.​
  • Statistics
There is a large amount of statistics that will define your gameplay.​
Primary Attributes - Strength, Dexterity, Agility, Intelligence, Spirit, Wisdom, Insight.​
Secondary Defensive Stats - Physical Defense, Magical Defense, Block Chance, Block Value, Evasion, Critical Resist, Health Regen, Mana Regen​
Secondary Offensive Stats - Attack Power, Attack Haste, Attack Crit Chance, Attack Crit Dmg, Spell Power, Spell Haste, Spell Crit Chance, Spell Crit Dmg.​
Weapons - They have a minimum and maximum damage. They also have a weapon speed.​
  • SO MUCH MORE! - There is so much more, I'd love to share it all, but I don't want to give it ALL away yet!
Events​
Leveling​
Partying​
Dungeons​
Raids​
PVP​
Customizable UI​
LOADS of Options​
Customizable Hotkeys/Key Bindings​
Special Mobs​
Outdoor Bosses​
Dungeon Masteries​
Combo System​
Chain System​
AND MORE!!!​

What I've said is already IN the game right now. I've been working on this project for 15 months, and I'm proud of the work I've done so far. Want to give this game a shot? It will be released as a DEMO with 1000 items and 100 spells for people to play around with until the game is fully polished.

Interested? Want to play NOW? Let me know, and we can do some test runs! Want to give me your input? Feel free and let me know! The demo will be coming out in 1-2 weeks from today. I will be releasing a teaser video sometime soon.

NOTE: I'd like to give a thanks to brokenalliances.com and Malpheus for helping me out and providing me with a means of tracking all my documentation and work. Thank you.

118784d1351019550-rise-nigma-rpg-buff1.jpg

118785d1351019550-rise-nigma-rpg-combat1.jpg

118786d1351019550-rise-nigma-rpg-inventory.jpg

118787d1351019550-rise-nigma-rpg-questlog.jpg

118788d1351019550-rise-nigma-rpg-spell1.jpg

118789d1351019566-rise-nigma-rpg-spell2.jpg

118790d1351019566-rise-nigma-rpg-tal1.jpg

118791d1351019566-rise-nigma-rpg-tal2.jpg

118792d1351019566-rise-nigma-rpg-tal3.jpg

118793d1351019566-rise-nigma-rpg-thirdperson.jpg

118794d1351019575-rise-nigma-rpg-newquestd.jpg

Attachments

• Buff1.jpg
    Buff1.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Combat1.jpg
    Combat1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Inventory.jpg
    Inventory.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 1,422
  • QuestLog.jpg
    QuestLog.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 1,219
  • Spell1.jpg
    Spell1.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Spell2.jpg
    Spell2.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Tal1.jpg
    Tal1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Tal2.jpg
    Tal2.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,185
  • Tal3.jpg
    Tal3.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1,199
  • ThirdPerson.jpg
    ThirdPerson.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,252
  • NewQuestD.jpg
    NewQuestD.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:
Level 2
What great work, there is a thread on bnet regarding this map that has the blue's all kind of excited... first time I've ever seen a mod presented that got blizzard to say "What can we do to help".

Excellent work Enexy.

Level 1
My main concern is that there is no respec for if you accidently allocate incorrect tallents or are bored with your tallents (or atleast you failed to mention one).
Sounds like that would be a good idea, but perhaps it should come at a cost so players don't just respec every five minutes.

Level 2
There is a talent save system in which you can save up to 5 different talent sets you have built and quickly switch to them. To unlearn a talent is free and be done simply by shift+clicking the talent. There is no time restriction or any kind of penalty for "respeccing".

I encourage players to try out as many builds as they can and see what fits best to them. Or maybe they want to try out someone's cookie-cutter build, who knows. However, you cannot simply change specs on the fly whenever you want. While you are in combat, an ally is in combat, or in a dungeon you cannot switch talents of any sort.

Level 2
The test will be on both EU/US, I have copies of both now.

The test has been prolonged, though, because I did not want to release a version with very limited content and basic functionality. I've thought having a demo will bring in more interest into the project, but lately I've been feeling that it would detract more than attract.

So, please look forward to me announcing a more functional demo in the near future.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It might be a good idea to run a few demos to check the viability of the various systems used at maximum load (full house). What works in singleplayer or for few players might not work well at design limits (full hour) due to increased resource usage. Basicly more of a debug/performance test than a showoff.

Level 2
I already have done many benchmark tests. I've taken about a month of just strictly working on optimizing the map. My results were that I have gained 20-60% FPS (depending on your settings). Per player added into the game, you will lose .4-1 FPS (depending).

Your camera angle will also affect FPS, pretty drastically, however I am working on distance rendering to counter this.

Level 2
Hey guys,

This is still in the works and I'm working on true drag and drop with right-click.

Status
Not open for further replies.