• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Empires: Europe (Resurrection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A while ago, I created a map called Rise of Empires: Europe. It was a great concept and I had put a lot of work into making it a beautiful map. Unfortunately a bug that caused a server split plagued the map almost from the start. I had never been able to figure out the cause, and after a few weeks of trying everything I could think of, I scrapped the project.

Recently my interest has renewed, and I have begun to resurrect my map. I have managed to take the original work I did on the terrain (the blank outline of the continent) and rebuild the map from there. It has been weeks of work, with long hours spent staring at the computer screen while I pressured myself to stay awake so long that it became early. But I did it.

I'm proud of myself for that.

The entire map has been rebuilt, from the terrain to the triggers to the units/upgrades/abilities. While it is still a work in serious progress, I feel that what I have achieved is finally worthy of a beta release! This is what I am giving you. And for the first time ever, I will NOT be protecting my map. You may access the map using WEU. You may look at my triggers, and I give my permission for you to use any that you desire. But please, do not edit my map, or release unofficial versions. (The one that is unprotected is NOT an official release. While I trust the members of the hive, I don't trust the numerous hordes of immature players on Battle.net). My apologies if you are a young, immature forum browser, I do not mean to flame. But if you ARE a flamer, you wont bother me; the moderators here are very swift and very powerful.

Map Concept: At the core of the map is the building of empires. To create the greatest empire in the game. Whether this is achieved through conquest and warfare, or through diplomacy and alliance. This map will follow the course of history; the very founding of the empires to the not so distant future. Game-play will be focused on military aspects, the city management will be simple and to the point, allowing even beginners to enjoy the game. There will be a bounty of options for players; from surrendering (becoming a vassal) to a superior power, to declaring independence from those powers. The map will feature the whole of Europe, and areas of Africa and the Middle East.

The upload is done. Look upon my work and bring on the criticism. HELP ME MAKE THIS GREAT!

Attachments

• Whole Map.JPG
    Whole Map.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Rise of Empires - Europe 0.7A Beta.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.