• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] RISE OF EMPIRES - Elven Strategy and Intrigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoC

AoC

Level 2
AoC presents

RISE OF EMPIRES
Created by AoC (THW) or epsilon (Bored Aussies)
Map attached below!

182574-albums8076-picture96414.bmp

Map Info:

Rise of Empires is a strategy map, where 6 Elven Kingdoms battle each other for supremacy, and to ultimately transform themselves into an empire. Each Kingdom is identical in terms of its tech tree, units, starting position etc. Among the players there are also Orc clans, (who are controlled by the AI), and will continually harass players/neutral elves.

There is less emphasis on base building and more so on tech research, army/navy production and warfare.

Features:

- Custom Income system
- Allying/unallying system
- Camera system
- City capturing system
- Artificial Stupidity

Upcoming features:

- More ground units (possibly, I feel there are enough for now).
- More naval units
- More creeps
- Random events
- Custom Battleship attack system (I made one, but it lags terribly, having trouble locating any leaks. :/)

Screenshots:

182574-albums8076-picture96417.png

182574-albums8076-picture96415.png

182574-albums8076-picture96416.png

182574-albums8076-picture96418.png

182574-albums8076-picture96419.png

Change Log:

Version 0.8:
  • -First Public Alpha

Version 0.8b:
  • - Added a change log ingame. (Lol XD)
    - Removed some unecessary imports.
    - Added Garfield1337's side ship attack system, which is less realistic as mine, but at least it didn't cause tonnes of lag.
    - Touched up the terrain,
    - Extra creeps added.

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • topdog-160, I was heavily inspired by his amazing maps Rise of Empires 1 and 2, the basic castle design was based off some his, thanks again.
  • HELL_YA, Thanks for your awesome income and allying system, you saved me the time from having to make my own! Although I used my own camera system since yours didn't fit my needs.
  • -BezerkeR- for your awesome spells. I was never really good at triggering creative spells, so thanks! :)
  • Garfield1337's custom side ship attack system. Mine was laggy with more than 12 battleships in play, although yours works like a charm. Thanks!

Resources:
Tranquil
xXxMorpheusxXx
General Frank
Juice_F
Em!
Mechanical Man
Elenai
67Chrome
Aardvark
HappyTauren
Illidan(Evil)X
Ham Ham
Emperor_Jackal
Mr.Goblin
zbc
Pharaoh_
Heinvers
Eraser|85
bigapple90
Darkfang
graystuff111
Apheraz Lucent
4eNNightmare
Dmazzz
JollyD
TKF
MapperMalta

Author's notes:

This is an alpha version, and although everything is in a "playable" state, there is some more things I'd like to do with it before its ready for uploading in the map section. This is a chance to get feedback on the current state of the map.

Map attached below!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Attachments

• Rise of Empires v0.8b -opt.w3x
    4.1 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.