• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Riddle RPG Zelda-like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, i've played VGsatomi's Return of Alisia Dragoon and Ogre Bob's Thievery Campaign, and i've been enlightened!

I basically took the cartoon and bright feeling and effects in alisia dragoon, the riddle mechanics on thievery, i put them togheter and throw in a 2D arcade-game like arrow movement and attack system, and here you go!

Attacks are triggered pressing A, you got no standard attack (like the system in Heroes of Genesia, if you played that).

You can compare this with Zelda, for example, an RPG with action and riddles.

The thing with this project is that everyone can do everything, basically, there is no such thing as incredibly difficult triggers, systems or such, so i basically start working on a single ACT, and everyone does something on that ACT, then we pass on another one.
The guy that made units may come with an idea about a riddle and make that, while another guy makes the terrain for a specific area, and the other fill the other areas, things such as this.

In the end, i just need moderately skilled people (if you're mega skilled, well that's a plus :) ) that want to work on something funny and bright.

I DON'T WANT guys that just come to make a single system or riddle, because there's the request section here at the hive, so i'd just ask for it there.

I just want a partner to work with, or even a team if many people answer.

I'VE ALREADY MADE THE 1ST AND 2ND ACT, AND I'M HALFWAY THROUGH THE 3RD.

But i can't post screenshots because:

- the terrain is crap
- you just won't see anything regarding gameplay with images

EDIT: forgot to mention, this map is for 4 players, and some riddles require teamwork (it's not like Are you a Retard, when a single player can make it alone, here you can't).
I may add more players but the 4 player limitation is mainly because of the high map filesize, and due to the fact that riddle games suck with 8-10 players.

Level 9
i'm interested, but i'm not english native (lol i dont even know if this sentence is correct, i'm using random words FOR THE LULZ)

my first riddle is :
I know nothing about triggering,
I know nothing about mapmaking,
The only thing I could help is with my stupid ideas, because i dont wanna be the mason,
Who am I ?

Level 3
so let's see...you posted in the map development, in a thread where nearly no one answered, you still go to school, you got a naruto image as avatar, you wrote silly things, and i'm the kid.

Allright

EDIT: oh, and let's not forget "FOR THE LULZ". I give you no more than 16 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.