• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reworking a boss phase: need ideas & co-developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

First of all, my project, Xnd Hero Siege is the work of the famous map serie X Hero Siege made by Sogat. I somehow got an editable version of X Hero Siege 3.33, fixed some bugs and added a few features. More details in the projet page here: Xnd Hero Siege 1.0.

The first version of the map is tested and ready. However it miss one key feature players desire : more fun in the 2nd phase of the game, the phase after "Final Wave" where you have to kill 7 bosses to win the game.

I have tons of ideas and would love to get in contact with experts to:
1 - Discuss/review my ideas
2 - Imagine other/better ideas
3 - Contribute to developments. Currently I am the only developer, and not available 24h/24 :)

Here are the ideas I already have, classed by difficulty (according to my knowledge) :

Ideas to improve boss fights
1Easy If you don't kill it quickly, boss stats grow untill it becomes impossible to win.

EasyBoss changes of behavior when below a certain % of life.

EasyBoss casts devastating spells with long cast-time, players have to dodge the target areas or hide behind environment doodads.

EasyBoss start moving to look for an item or power-circle. Players have to stop him by doing enough damages before he reaches the item.

EasyBoss sometimes create a region of DOT (lava, ice or poison) around himself.

EasyBoss randomly throws projectiles (barrels, bombs...) in slow-motion. Players have to dodge them.

MediumBoss have different postures. Defending=receive less damage, returns % of the damage. Attacking=players have to dodge, Wounded=receive more damages, Healing=immune to damages, but chances to get stunt.

MediumBoss does a big charge (carrion beetle model), and gets stunt if players make him hit a wall.

MediumPlayers meet an allied (sadistic) PNJ with a quest. If players are merciless and kill him now there is no problem. If they help him, he betrays them, becomes too strong and kills them.

Ideas to improve terrain/environment
10EasyAn effect that moves randmly in region and deals devastating damages to both allies & foes (meteor fall, light ray, swarm)

EasyA new foe named "Death" moves in the map, if players don't dodge it, it insta-kills them.

MediumIn the 2 corridors before the boss, add periodic devastating linear attacks (spells or vorpal blades) as traps players have to dodge.

HardMake a maze, with monsters, death zones, doors and revive at save-point.

HardMini-prisons pop randmly and block/hurt the player

HardRandom parts of the floor rise-up. Any unit not on the raised parts takes tremendous damages

Status
Not open for further replies.