• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video Game/Anime Boss Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Facing The Impossible

Alright so my map will feature a variety of video game/ anime/ custom bosses. Some of the planned bosses so far for the release version are:

DBZ Bosses=
-------------------
-Frieza
-Cell
-Buu

Naruto Bosses=
-------------------
-Zabuza
-Pein
-Orochimaru and Kabuto

WoW Bosses=
-------------------
-Lich King

Zelda Bosses=
-------------------
-Ganondorf
-------------------

=Looking For=
-------------------
Skilled triggerer's who can help me with things such as stacking items, special effects, making spells, clearing memory leaks, etc... Also, people who have great ideas for bosses/items which could be in the game.

Anyone who has any ideas or input feel free to post in this thread with your thoughts. =)

Also the name for the map isn't final, so if anyone has any suggestions on what else to name it I'm all ears. =p

=Features=
-------------------
-This map will have epic and sophisticated boss fights very reminiscent of the map Impossible Bosses; ie. Hero Arena.

-Players will use there powerful abilities and items they gain to help them defeat bosses which will use a variety of spells/tactics to kill players.

-It will feature custom music/sounds/icons from a variety of videogames/ anime series.

-This map will require major teamwork in order to win; especially as the difficulty gets higher

-As of right now, there are 4 difficulties: Very Easy, Easy, Normal, and Hard.
-------------------
=Characters/Classes so Far=
-------------------
-Goku
-Vegeta
-Piccolo
-Link
-Shaman
-Worgen
-Naruto
-Sakura
-Sasuke
-------------------

More characters/classes will be added, as I have stated, but it will take considerable work to balance these beginning 9 characters so I will focus on that at first.
-------------------

A couple of screenshots are provided below of Frieza/Cell:

Last edited:
Level 8
Yeah definitely! What would you prefer to do? I have someone helping me clean up my messy GUI and teach me how to make it all nice and leakless at the moment. =p Still though, maybe you know how to do something triggering wise that I don't so that could help. =) I could use ideas for some of the heroes that I have and the bosses I have to. I think terrain wise it could also use some improvement in making the Boss arena's more interesting because at the moment they need more doodads.

Level 12
I'm not sure exactly what you've got planned for the boss fights specifically, but since ALL of the DBZ bad guys are shapeshifters in one form or another (A little tidbit that irked me as a kid) perhaps let that play a role in it? Something like, with Cell, you start the fight with Android 17 and 18 helping you, and when Cell's HP reaches 50% He absorbs 17, and you're left with 18 who gets absorbed with Cell reaches 25% thus leaving you to finish him the last 25% with your heroes.

The thing about this is the first 50% will take a while, but not be too difficult (In fact, rather easy since you have the androids helping you), meaning Cell will have a rather large HP bar. Once he hits 50% he gets stronger after absorbing 17, but since you still have 18 helping (I know, that's not accurate as far as the show is concerned, such is the nature of this kind of fight, since he's not gonna run all around blowing stuff up looking for 18 while you're beating him up, right?) till 25% which makes it still fairly easy, not too much harder, though, to keep it balanced. Then, when he absorbs her at 25%, perhaps make it more or less a survive for the remaining time, and have Gohan come in (since he isn't one of your listed heroes) and charge up a kamehameha over x period of time utilizing a timer, and if you survive the timer, he gets blasted and dies.

Also, to go along with your difficulty modes, we could change it up a bit.

Very Easy: 16, 17, 18 all helping. 16 till the end since he lasts longer than the others, :p
Easy: 17 and 18 helping, such as described above.
Normal: only 18 helping.
Hard: Only 17 helping.

Phase changes remain the same. Also, phase changes lasting a few seconds, to allow the players to take a breathe and a quick preparation would be helpful.

Just some thoughts on how you can run that fight. Feel free to use any of the ideas presented, or none at all. :D

PS: Seeing as how I'm a retired Kingslayer (I no longer play WOW...For good this time), if you wish to have any info pertaining to the LK fight, please feel free to ask. I only wish my Main had gotten it and not my Alt, since my alt's guild was better than my Mains, :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.