• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Revolutionary Space Terrain (Full 3-d)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This is for a game I'm making... it will be a flying shooter where you can maneuver/shoot all throughout x/y/z. Pic:

picture1ih0.png

picture2ct2.png

my.php

picture4ia8.png

picture6ri6.png

picture6lz4.png

This is a great example of how fully 3-d my game will be. And, this is only a WIP, I expect to add more, like asteroids, moving comets, a star or two, and most likely a planet or two. Like it?

Last edited:
Level 34
Yes. Please upload them so we can see them better.

Looks cool, but I don't fully understand. Give a little more information. How is it 3-d?

Level 12
Well... You can rotate the camera fully around, you can go up, and down fully... And shoot fully realistically. In other words it's a fully playable 3-d game. You have one ship, you can speed up, and slow down (w and s), you can turn (a and d keys), you can go up, and down (r and f keys), and then I will put in Elimination Tournament like physics for weapons. I'll crop pictures for you (Or just re-take)

And another question, does anyone think there are better debree/dust models that will make it look like space?

Level 4
wow, looks really awesome especially the red clouds. Really like the idea. finally something original

Level 9
Kaitech[SanD];497538 said:
Linky or it nevah happenz!

I know of two particular maps that used a 3d flight system.

The first one is "PEW PEW FLY FLY", which while is somewhat unfinished and plain, has a complete 3-D flight system and is actually pretty fun to play.

Another was made by Mr.Thermistor on the B.Net forums a while back, I don't have the map anymore but it was basicly an AoS where the players took the role of flying machines who were to bomb and destroy opposing units and bases.

Level 3
Its definitely not revolutionary but its still a nice, simple terrain. You say your maps 3-D but how do you move up/down on the z-axis? Also, do you need to keep pressing a/d to turn or can you just hold them down like the arrow keys?

Level 3
joosh_7, the controls, are (As decided) are wasd to move on the x/y axis, rf to move on the y axis, and the arrows keys to move the camera, which has a cursor in the middle of it to let you aim your turret guns. get it?

So your using Reinvent the Craft? Also, do you mean Y or Z because 3-D maps need a Z-axis.

Level 3
Well if your using WASD or other keys, not to mention keeping the cursor permanently in the middle, your gonna need to use it (check the projects section for RtC). Before setting high standards you should plan out how game play is gonna work, and how your going to trigger it.

Level 12
The cursor will not be on the unit, as the camera will be fixed just a little above it. And, realistically, because obj. do not slow down in the vacuum of space... everything is magnified. Once a rock the size of a grain of sand hit one of our satellites, it made a dent like the size of a flying anvil. So most likely in the future, we will be using projectiles. But, I will add bunches of sci-fi things to it as well, though, only expect projectiles in beta.

Level 12
If you're using arrow keys, I suggest you stop now, because they are MEGA-laggy in multiplayer games. You'd have to find an alternative.

Only arrow keys for turrets, and anyways, there are plenty of good arrow-key games... Solders? There will be a single player mode, a co-op mode, and a vs. mode, so it works. Especially when you have two computers your plugging straight into each-other, like I'm getting! : P

Level 3
You stated that moving required you to have pressed either W,A,S or D (there is no way to check if these are DOWN only one to see when you press it) and thats why i assumed you were using RtC. Your idea of using the arrow-keys is pretty concept ruining because spaceships move very fast and arrow-keys lag like hell on Bnet meaning handling becomes very annoying.

Edit: Is this map actually meant for Bnet?

Level 12
No you wont. Is space, if you start moving at 5 mi/s, then you keep moving at 5 mi/s until you get an equal, but opposite force. So, you tap w once, and keep moving until you tap s once. You tap a once, you keep turning until you tap d once. It is really pretty simple. Arrow keys are also to turn the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.