• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I had this idea based on a map called Neopliantic Battle (I'm not entirely sure of that name but it was a good game that isn't played to much now). It's a game where 2 teams of 3 players each battle for control of a bridge. 1 player guards the bride the other two try to keep the other team busy.You can't build units you get reinforcement automatically after 3 minutes or so.

My idea is the same but I want to add something of my own invention: Cover. Basically I create regions over groups of trees trees or rocks or something and those regions give the units in them combat bonuses. I ran into one problem, I want different amounts of cover to have an effect, ex: one tree should give less cover than a group of 5 trees: But I have not idea what spells I should use to make the bonuses with, feel free to take this idea if you know how to make it.

Level 8
Er.....I'm not sure this is in the right forum. But anyway:

You waould have to make a couple of different abilities, all based off of evasion. Then you could give them different names and stuff......so when a unit entered the region with the one tree, you could make a trigger that gave them the 10% evasion ability, but when the unit entered the region with the five trees, you could give them the 30% evasion ability.

I'm sure there's a better way to do this, though................

Level 1
Armor?

What if I made spells that effect amour instead because I can change that easier then I can making Percentages of evasion. I know you can do things with percentages but it involves JASS work which I never learned. The tutorials on this site are complicated when it comes to JASS work.

Level 2
OK, armor. On my map, Odissea_v4.05, there is a Hero - Paladin. His ultimate ability is Gore, an aura that increases armor (+1) for every his friendly unit nearby when it is attacked, for a few seconds. This can stack up to +100 armor totally. How do I do this?
I create an ability, called GoreArmorStackable, from the ability of the Ring of Protection. I set level number to 100, and each time when somebody with buff "Gore" is attacked, I give him the ability or increase its level for some time. Then, I decrease/remove the ability. You can simply open my map and look for all JASS codes you need.
How do I get needed JASS codes? I write something that I need in triggers, then write "1" in JASS, save the map, it screams "Error when compiling" and gives me the whole code, including creating the triggers. It's simple!
Percentage? If you have X armor, then all physical damage dealt to you is divided by (1+0.06*X), where 0.06 can be changed in game constants. (If X<0, then extra damage cannot overcome appr. 71%.) Stupid scheme, but it is nothing better in Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.