• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with hero skills! (Ideas needed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
My map consists of (for now) 6 different heroes. The game basically revolves around opposites. I need help with skill ideas. Here comes two of the opposite heroes, Planter and Mower (they are finished, but I welcome different ideas about them).

NOTE: I haven't decided exactly what kind of map this will be, just want the heroes. It will msot likely resemble an AoS of sorts, or at least have 3 main lanes like one.

x, y, z, etc. = Variabls for damage and etc.

Planter: The one who loves all things tree-ey. ^_^
1. Enchant a tree, giving true sight and vision around that tree. There is a x sec delay after enchanting the tree (allowing you to move a bit) before the enemy team is given sight of you for x seconds.

2. Plants a tree on the exact position of the Planter, and any units within melee range are stunned for x seconds, and the Planter gets phase, allowing him to run through creeps, but most importantly, run through trees to get away.

3. Drops trhee trees in a row, with the first one being in the position of the planter. Any enemies cought in the row are simply pushed to either side of the trees. This allows blocking of entire pathways through the terrain (but not main lanes). Cooldown is high, but decreases each level.

Ultimate: Regrow an area of trees in an x AOE, and all enemies in that aoe are pushed to the outside of the area (so trees dont trap them) and are stunned for a minimum of y seconds, and z seconds more for every tree regrown.

Mower: The one who hates shrubs and trees. ^_^

1. Shoots out a blade that is dodgeable, and travels at x speed for y range, but stops when it hits an enemy or tree. Deals x damage (low number). Cuts down the tree if it hits one.

2. Rolls a long (as long as three trees in a row, *wink wink*) spiked log out, for x range and x damage. Doesn't stop at first tree or enemy hit, continues for its entire range.

3. Go invisible for x seconds as long as he is at least y range away from any trees (range goes down, seconds go up.)

Ultimate: Transforms into a giant lawn mower. When in mower form, Mower can walk over trees (which cuts them down), gets increased damage and speed. Lasts for x seconds.

Other heroes I need skill ideas for:
HoTty
DoTty
Healing and Damaging over Time heroes. Think skills that deal out their effects (hurting or good) over x amount of time.

Abrahms (like the tank)
Buckler (like the shield)
Abrahms is the tank, meant to deal it out damage. Think self buffs that pertain to health and damage.
Buckler is a protector, meant to help out others and take copious amounts of damage. Think armor auras, teammate temporary health/armor buffs, etc.

Credit and +rep for any ideas that end up used! Also, I'll take ideas for what kind of map to put these heroes into! ^_^

HoTty-Theadones(sounds better)-Hero adapted to magic of light he can heal the wonded friends and infect the enemy with a light spell(Holy Sock,Holy Bolt,Holy Fire)
DoTty-Vesim(sounds better)-Hero who is an briliant alchemist(poison and other stuff) can kill a bird flying with his gun or bow or what ever he uses(Poison Bob-a cloud of poison that damages the enemy in it)

Level 3
Sounds nice, especially Poison Bob.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Here's one for HoTty: Heals allied units for x amount over x time, and if the unit dies with the effect on them, it explodes. Deals x dam in x range around exploded unit.

Level 3
Sorry to bump but...
I think there may need to be some balance changes between Mower's ulti and Planter's. If you think about it, Planter could just wait and nearly permastun Mower after he uses his ulti >_>

Level 25
So as i see you need ideas for skills to hotty, dotty, tank thingy and buckler?

Buckler:

-you could "steal" my idea :). In my hero contest #2 submission i made a aura giving X% attack speed to all friendly units, also gives X % chance to hex attacking enemies over X seconds. If you change the aura to give armor instead, i think that'll be a excellent ability for your "buckler" hero :)

-Maybe a aoe inner fire? Gives all friendly units nearby in X AOE increases armor and damage for X amount of time.

Abrahm:

-As he is a tank maybe add a taunt ability? Like that one Axe in dota has (if you know). Taunting every nearby unit to attack him for X seconds, also increases the armor by X amount during that time.

DoTty:

-Infuses the enemy with a posion DoT with each attack, dealing X amount of damage over X seconds (very short duration, maybe 1-2 seconds). If the attacked unit dies while under the effect of this ability, it blows up, dealing X damage to nearby enemy units. (sort of the one you came up with for HoTty^^)

-Some sort of chain poison, bouncing X times, places a posion on each target, dealing X damage for X seconds.

HoTty:

-Opposit of the Chain posion, A chain heal, bouncing on X targets, putting a HoT on each target, healing X hp over X seconds.

This is all for now, if you like them i could come up with more :)

Level 6
Betrayal

This is an Ultimate skill.

Cause an enemy hero to turn sides for |x| seconds. Also increasing there |Hit Points| and lowering there |movement and attack speed| for as long as it lasts. COOLDOWN: X/s MANACOST: XXX

This idea should be a good one. Good luck with you map. I hope I get a chance to play it :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.