• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reviving X-Hero Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13

For some time (almost a year), i've tried to contact the maker of one of Wacraft 3's most surviving and frequently played maps, Sogat, and have had no response, i emailed and PM'd him here and got nothing, thus i have assumed Sogat has died or moved on in life. I know how much the people here probably reject map stealing/copying/jacking or whatever else it can be called, but i want to revive this map as the versions currently being played are almost a year old, and there's a HUGE potential.

Of course, reviving this map will require the triggers, terrain and game play to be replicated exactly to give it the same feel as the real one. Then once that's done, hopefully new implementations (heroes, items, creeps ect) can be done to make it even better.

PROGRESS
I have already begun work, I ehm, stole took the Terrain and Units from another version that was protected in a way that it could still be viewed. I've already recreated the Basic Spawns for levels 1, 2 3 and 4, i've started work on Wave Spawns, more or less the starting area is on the road to completetion. I've also experimented with changing some heroes, making heroes and items ect. BUT there is still massive amounts of stuff to do. Here's the list of most of the stuff needed, in order of needed completion.
• Hero (Re)picking (25%)
• Hero Ressurection (0%)
• Level 2/3/4 dragon spawns (0%)
• Level Text/Announcement (0%)
• Wave Monsters (Have to remake them) (50%)
• Rune Spawn (0%)
• Frozen Pedestals and Ghoul/Skeleton spawns (0%)
• Special Events (All 4) (0%)
• Challenges (All 4) (0%)
• Magtheridon (0%)
• Final Wave (0%)
• Second Area spawns (0%)
• The 4 Mini-Bosses (0%)
• Arthas/Banehallow (0%)
• Extreme Dragon Attacks (0%)
• Cinematics for events (10%)
This isn't all of it, and don't forget some of this will be altered during making to make it better.

WHO I NEED
If anyone is interested in ressurecting an old favourite, i need a person who is enthusiastic about X-Hero Siege, who can trigger efficiently (Personally, i use GUI and prefer to keep it that way - as i can't JASS) and are resourceful on giving and discussing ideas, and maybe even creating them for the game themselves. I do not want to exceed a group amount of 3 plus, mainly being, 75% of the work is triggering, and too many cooks spoil the broth.

Also, to help with communication, anyone interested should be
• Able to work on the map atleast 3 days a week
• Live in a GMT+1 area, or close, not on the otherside of the world where there's a 12 hour differance.
• Communicate (ENGLISH) well, via MSN/Wc3, whatever else works best
• Stay active and don't run away or hide! =)

IF anyone has any suggestions that don't wanna be part of the group which they would want, then Email or PM me then i'll add it to the list.

I have no idea how long this will take, there's lots of stuff to remake, and i'm uncertain if anyone would want to help due to the fact that it is kinda map stealing by nature, but i must stress!

THE CREDIT FOR THIS MAP WILL GO TO SOGAT

Since i'll be merely recreating and improving his work
EDIT: PM/Leave a note if you want info or to become a member.
EDIT2: Added more info

Last edited:
Level 11
For some time (almost a year), i've tried to contact the maker of one of Wacraft 3's most surviving and frequently played maps, Sogat, and have had no response, i emailed and PM'd him here and got nothing, thus i have assumed Sogat has died or moved on in life. I know how much the people here probably reject map stealing/copying/jacking or whatever else it can be called, but i want to revive this map as the versions currently being played are almost a year old, and there's a MASS potential.

I know you're trying to sell the project, but this is complete bullshit. In addition to this being map stealing/copying/jacking, you're wrong about the original map itself. X-Hero Siege has died buddy.

http://www.mapgnome.org/map-info/209916

Level 3
I see you need a hero revival system
I have one i will give you but you'll just need to change the formula (for how long you want it to take heroes to revive) and the regions they spawn in

function Trig_Brown_Copy_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
if ( not ( IsUnitType(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_HERO) == true ) ) then
return false
endif
return true
endfunction

function Trig_Brown_Copy_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local timerdialog WINDOW
local integer HEROWAIT
local timer OURTIMER
local unit OURHERO
set OURHERO = GetDyingUnit()
set HEROWAIT = ( GetHeroLevel(OURHERO) * 4 )
set OURTIMER = CreateTimer()
call StartTimerBJ( OURTIMER, false, ( I2R(HEROWAIT) ))
call CreateTimerDialogBJ( OURTIMER, GetPlayerName(GetOwningPlayer(OURHERO)) )
set WINDOW = GetLastCreatedTimerDialogBJ()
call TimerDialogDisplayForPlayerBJ( true, WINDOW, GetOwningPlayer(OURHERO) )
call PolledWait( HEROWAIT )
call ReviveHeroLoc(OURHERO, GetRectCenter(gg_rct_Spawnbrown), true )
call PanCameraToTimedLocForPlayer( GetOwningPlayer(OURHERO), GetUnitLoc(OURHERO), 0.60 )
call DestroyTimerDialog(WINDOW)
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Brown_Copy takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Brown_Copy = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Brown_Copy, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Brown_Copy, Condition( function Trig_Brown_Copy_Conditions ) )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Brown_Copy, function Trig_Brown_Copy_Actions )
endfunction

what you need to do is create a trigger and go to Edit ->Convert to custom text and paste that in (after creating a region called 'Spawnbrown'
(without quotation marks, after you've made it and put the trigger in you can rename the region if you like)

in game, this will make it that when your hero dies, for every level they have, it takes 4 seconds to revive.

No problems for the help :)

Sakuria x

Level 6
Uhm, I think he stated that he wants to use GUI; Also, that's some horrible JASS you got there. Basicly made in GUI then forced into JASS with some locals trown in.

Level 3
yeah i had it written in 'Custom Script' GUI and then converted it for copy-pastes sake
it works for me tbh, although i can see a leak that i need to fix but don't know the command for

Delete last made position or the likes?
(the line that pans the camera)

i'm not much of a jasser, everything i've needed so far was in GUI (i only started map making like a week or 2 ago.)

Level 3
Pick-A-Chew
i could help
i am a Terrainer / GUI triggerer

i have only been terraining / triggering for 2 weeks, but i am self taught and grasp programming concepts quite easily
if you want i could work on the terrain or wave text..

However i have never played the map you are trying to rebuild which could be a severe disadvantage, but i'm sure you could explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.