• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reviving Heroes is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Howdy! I have been stuck on this problem for quite a while, so I appreciate any and all the help I can receive. In my game, you gather resources, build an army, use that army to vanquish enemy bosses for custom loot. After the gathering and army building phase, you compete in a Battle Royale with the other players to see who the champion is and finally you fight against Kris Kringle to see if you are the winner. After the Battle Royale, the game has an option to be replayed from the very beginning. This is where the issues lies. The game resets fine, but the bosses that the players manually killed don't get revived! All the other bosses who weren't killed by the players, but by the kill trigger (this trigger takes place right before the reset) revive just fine. Another confusing aspect is that Santa/Kris Kringle revives just fine even if he is killed by players. I need all the bosses to be revived once the game resets not just a few. Please help! Down below I got screenshots for the revive trigger and for the setting variable trigger for each Boss (variables are set for each specific unit/boss). I also have a postbin link for the current broken version of Winter Battle. Feel free to play it through, kill some bosses, and reset the game after fighting Santa to see this specific glitch/bug in action. Thank you to all who can help with this issue! I have been trying to fix it for over a week now, so any and all help is very needed and appreciated!

Broken Winter Battle

Level 7
Variable Setup.PNG
Revive Triggers.PNG

Could be because to many dead heroes:
Warcraft 3 removes a dead hero from the game when the player already had 7 dead heroes and the new dead one finished its death time.

When you don't need the decayed/is reviveable event for this heroes you could set the death time for your npc heroes to a gigantic amount of seconds like 36000 (10 hours or bigger).

Level 7
Could be because to many dead heroes:
Warcraft 3 removes a dead hero from the game when the player already had 7 dead heroes and the new dead one finished its death time.

When you don't need the decayed/is reviveable event for this heroes you could set the death time for your npc heroes to a gigantic amount of seconds like 36000 (10 hours or bigger).
Super useful to know that their is a limit on how many dead heroes can be revived at once! Thank you I used that info to fix the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.