• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reviving an old map i was making which now crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, back in 2008 i was making a warsong gulch map full of triggers and custom models. The problem now that i have wc3 reforged is that when i click at certain champion skills to level them up (like fury warrior, BM hunter, fire mage, etc.) the game crashes, and i cant even know whats going on with the champion or the skills as when i try to click on the object editor in the wc3 editor, it also crashes the editor.
What can i do to fix it? I would like to upgrade this map almost 20 years after i had the idea xD
Let me know if any of you wants the map attached so you can check it.

Level 39
If there are extensive triggered abilities it's possible some of them rely on the H2I return bug, which was removed and replaced with an official way to get handle IDs in 1.24b in 2009. This shouldn't cause the object editor to crash the game, though. You might be best off exporting data and reimporting it into a new map to figure out what specifically is causing a crash.

Level 17
Status
Not open for further replies.