• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Revivers VS Spawners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Revivers VS Spawners
well i know most of you are going "Huh, i dont get it" but il tell you
This is a game of quickness and speed, also with the lich king in the way this could be a big problem.
i made many mistakes on this map and its ok, we all start as noobs :wink:right now i totaly suck at triggers, that is why i get help.

(85%)Terrain--My opinion:needs some work :p. it is a snowy backround and bloody pools, also in the north, there is a lush forest

(99.5%)Imports--My Opinion: fine. Well just afew bug fixes left :p

81%Bugs--My Opinion: many. well this is my first try and i do take my time on it, but bugs are hard to get rid of, and there isnt any shortcuts:hohum:

(76%)Balance--My Opinion: needs work. This realy pisses me off, its hard to balance, plz if u can it would be nice to know what is the balance issue

Credits
I want to credit people who helped on my map... (it could be you, it goes by username)

65_Vitality_65--Trigger manager
Pyrokenises--Trigger manager
Aleks2214--Data Recovery
Mr.McBadass--Advice

Story
there were 2 Religions fighting for power
Frostwolf(Spawners): are dependant on massing,
GraveDiggers(Revivers): are dependant on raising the dead,
but the lich king wanted to take over both of them, but the religions were too busy fighting, can they stop the lich king?

Objective
Your objective basicly is to destroy the oppisite religion and take over the land, the lich king is a side quest so if u defeat him, you can get his blade, and use it to destroy your enemy!

This map is unprotected, so if u want to edit my map READ THIS FIRST!!!

-YOU NEED TO ASK PERMISION, tell me what u r going to do, and you better promise it, WAIT for my approval, then when u finished, email me the map (whitch i will tell in my profile soon)
-DO NOT replace the people credited, just so you can credit yourself, you cant even add yourself on it, i need to see your edits first, and i will do it myself

Ideas and Suggestions
- dont be mean about my map, i have a rough road with this map already (people saying this map sucks etc.)
-If your suggesting a trigger idea, it might take longer than other suggestions, because i leave that up to my Trigger managers, like i said i totaly suck at triggering

UPDATES
-Reduced Lag
-New Area in the north!

Problems/Suggestions List
-abit Unbalanced
BETA VERSION 0.9 MAP:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5347/

Attachments

• Intro_Orc.jpg
    Intro_Orc.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Human_Army.jpg
    Human_Army.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Battle 1.jpg
    Battle 1.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Hero_Human.jpg
    Hero_Human.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 238
  • Intro_Human.jpg
    Intro_Human.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Battle 2.jpg
    Battle 2.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 146
  • Battle 3.jpg
    Battle 3.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 139
  • Battle 4.jpg
    Battle 4.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Cinemac 1.jpg
    Cinemac 1.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 170
  • Cinemac 2.jpg
    Cinemac 2.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Elite_Eat.jpg
    Elite_Eat.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Terrain 1.jpg
    Terrain 1.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Terrain 2.jpg
    Terrain 2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Terrain 3.jpg
    Terrain 3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Terrain 4.jpg
    Terrain 4.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Icon_new.jpg
    Icon_new.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Level 24
If I were you I would add paragraphs to your post, that would make it easier to read.

Anyway, I will download the map, and have a look at it later. But heres a couple of things I noticed from your post and screenshots.

• As for the terrain, you wanted to know how to delete doodads. You just select them, while having the Doodad Pallete open and then press the delete button.
  • As for the lag, its probably not imports. Its probably either because you have to many doodads on the screen, which judging from the screenshots you don't, to many units, or your triggers are leaking (even if it isn't the the whole cause of the lag, making your triggers so they don't leak will decrease lag). You can check the leaks with Leak Checker, which would also tell you how to fix it. I think Leak Checker might be somewhere in our Tools Section, if not I think its somewhere at www.thehelper.net
  • Now some things about the screenshots. In the 2nd screenshot, the tiles around the cliff at the bottom do not blend in with the tile next to it, and it looks very ugly. It would look a lot better if that wasn't there.
  • In screenshot 7, the orcs are in the middle of the hay. Use Pathing Blockers, so they can't walk through doodads and that, because it looks very strange when units can walk through doodads.
  • The new icons you used, for the attack and hold position and those icons, they don't really suit eachother very well. If your gonna use new icons for those buttons, you should get buttons that all fit together, and have the same theme.
Oks that some things from me now, I may post later about some other things, once I have played the map.

Level 3
If I were you I would add paragraphs to your post, that would make it easier to read.

Anyway, I will download the map, and have a look at it later. But heres a couple of things I noticed from your post and screenshots.

• As for the terrain, you wanted to know how to delete doodads. You just select them, while having the Doodad Pallete open and then press the delete button.
  • As for the lag, its probably not imports. Its probably either because you have to many doodads on the screen, which judging from the screenshots you don't, to many units, or your triggers are leaking (even if it isn't the the whole cause of the lag, making your triggers so they don't leak will decrease lag). You can check the leaks with Leak Checker, which would also tell you how to fix it. I think Leak Checker might be somewhere in our Tools Section, if not I think its somewhere at www.thehelper.net
  • Now some things about the screenshots. In the 2nd screenshot, the tiles around the cliff at the bottom do not blend in with the tile next to it, and it looks very ugly. It would look a lot better if that wasn't there.
  • In screenshot 7, the orcs are in the middle of the hay. Use Pathing Blockers, so they can't walk through doodads and that, because it looks very strange when units can walk through doodads.
  • The new icons you used, for the attack and hold position and those icons, they don't really suit eachother very well. If your gonna use new icons for those buttons, you should get buttons that all fit together, and have the same theme.
Oks that some things from me now, I may post later about some other things, once I have played the map.
I followed your terrain advice (thnx for telling me how to remove doodads) and im going to mpost new terrain pictures, as u see it makes more scence now, now im going to solve the icon problem
*UPDATE*
NEW PICTURE (as u can see i changed the icons, i think it looks better)

Last edited:
Level 11
Sorry when its unprotected theres almost no chance of people following your wishes to only modify it with your permission. I protect my maps and leave an email address they can use to contact me if they want the unprotected version.

Of course, I would follow your wishes.

Level 3
i believe the song is called Tenth Level Tauren Chieftain or Power of the Horde, one of the two.
well acualy, TLTC (tenth lv tauren chieften) is the name of the band, not the song but ur right that the name is called power for the horde, but i think people gets the point :wink: i also made the intro in paragragh for well tried too, i hope this would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.