• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Return To Casting Point Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm still learning WC3 editor and I'm trying to get a spell to work that returns the caster to the point they casted the spell last. This is what I tried and it isn't working (I cast it and nothing happens each time.) Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to correct it?
rally01.png

rallyduration01.png

recall01.png

Last edited:
Level 39
Welcome to The Hive! In the future you can post triggers from your map by right clicking them in the editor, selecting 'copy as text', and pasting here between [trigger][/trigger] tags. You should only need one trigger. The last line cleans leaks (Things That Leak)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to 0110Rally
    • -------- You should only need one ability for all players (but maybe your map does need different abilities for some reason, idk your map) --------
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = Rally01[(Player Number of (Triggering Player))]
    • Set Rally01[(Player Number of (Triggering Player))] = Position of (Triggering Unit)
    • Unit - Move (Triggering Unit) instantly to TempPoint
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint) //change to match your variable name but keep the udg_

Level 2
Thank you for your help! I'll have to try it when things slow down on my end.

Now would this work if multiple characters have the same ability? My main concern was that it's possible for all ten players to have this.

EDIT: Ooooh I see what you did. nevermind

Last edited:
Level 2
So that worked perfectly. How would I make it so that after so many seconds it would expire so you'd have to cast it again to set the point again? Right now it basically allows you to teleport across the entire map and as fun/funny as it is it doesn't work well for balance haha. (totally using it for a different project though)

Level 7
Well, simply you can use 1 dummy unit and order it to cast a spell with 10 second timer buff on your caster, then add an if statement to your actions like this: if triggering unit has x buff equal to false, set your temppoint
then if triggering unit has x buff equal to true move unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.