• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Creating Destructible at casting point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
  • Plant crops
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Plant
    • Actions
      • Player - Add (0 - 5) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Destructible - Create a crop at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Random angle) with scale (Random real number between 0.50 and 1.00) and variation 1
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: grow
I am using a version of the flame strike removing all of its damage in this. I picked it because it can target the ground.

I desire to have 5 "crop" destructibles to be created when the spell is cast at the point of the circle of the spell.

I can get the crops to appear if I set it at the position of the casting unit. What do I need to to to get crops to appear at the site of the spell?

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

dude... you have jsut now solved a big problem for me... now I have my auto spawn triggor :D... thnx m8 ^^

Level 8
I'm uncertain which suggestion worked - using volcano or using starts an ability - I have a working plant growth system now. Thanks.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

Can you mod the volcano to make units? and give it auto cast :D... because hoenstly I dont wanan take the time to find out.

Level 8
[off-topic]another question about the volcano. how can you make the fire rocks that spew out a different model?[/off-topic]

EDIT: mm maybe that was necro posted.. added

also, this tree grow thing would be cool if i made the trees into explosions instead. or rocks. or water.

Don't know about spewing. Didn't play with that - I removed all of the effects and buffs from my custom spell - I do get a little ground deformation I added an effect for the spell (tranquility believe)

I do not know about water however rocks are possible either make a customized destructible or a customized pathing blocker or bridge/ramp and create those instead.

Explosion may be possible too. I would imagine that one way to do it is to use the barrel of explosives:

• Actions
    • Player - Add (0 - 1) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold
    • Destructible - Create a Barrel of Explosives at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Random angle) with scale (Random real number between 0.50 and 1.00) and variation 1
    • Wait 0.20 seconds
    • Destructible - Kill (Last created destructible)
(Read: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35124 Things that leak to clean up the trigger (s) mentioned here).

Level 8
Wraithwynd, i wasnt asking a question on that post, i was simply saying that it is a useful ability to make. I am very capable of making it rocks or any other doodad.

Well maybe someone else who doesn't will read that and say "Oh cool" and need an answer.

My time spent in answering a non-question - not really a waste of time for me.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.