• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Return of the Legends V. 1.03

Reactions: lateris
I got this idea when I was thinking on how I could remake my current map (found Here) while I thought about Orc Gladiators. So this map contains elements and ideas from both of them. The current idea go as following:

1) There will be 2 teams and 1 arena. The teams will have a base on each side of the arena and there will be a barrier in the middle of the arena so the teams will be divided. This will be a custom hero map so it starts off with the players choosing their hero and his skills (3 normal + 1 ulti). When they all have choosen heroes they will get teleported to their base.

2) The game will be based on rounds. For 3 rounds you will face creeps (like in orc gladiators). If you kill all creeps you have finished that round. However if you all get killed and creeps survive you will loose lifes equal to the amount of creeps alive. Each team starts with 30 lifes.

3) After the creep rounds the barrier is broken and the two teams can fight each other. The fight will go on for 3 minutes (so players can respawn and come back to the fight etc.). If you are really successful in the fight you can fight your way into the enemy base and start attacking their main building. They loose and you gain 1 life for evey 100 hp lost of the main building.

4)
The team looses if they reach 0 lifes or if their main building gets destroyed.

<<Balance>>
Frost Guard now has a 16% for heroes and 8% chance for creeps to activate (16% before) and now deals 50 + 25 dmg instead of 75 + 50. The search area is now 300 (old 400) and nova damage area is now 80 instead of 200.

<<Bugs>>
Fixed Arena Bug
Fixed Stash's being placed on wrong places
Fixed a bug with counting alive players
Fixed the fountain not attacking entering units
Spent alot of time to fix the boss units spells to perfection :)

<<Added Abilities>>
Nether Chains

<<Other Changes>>
Added a new shop and re-arranged items and recipies
Changed the recepie shops models to units
Renamed Shops to clarify even more what they sell
Added hints
Fixer round sounds to play the right sound

<<Note>>
A fast update since I heard people were still having problems with a bug. Next version will have more new items and abilities and be more balanced.

Day Three:
preview2hf.jpg

Some Areas Zoomed:
preview3s.jpg

sketchx.jpg

Visit us at our forum! Return of the Legends Main Page

Keywords:
Custom, Hero, Arena, Defense, Custom, Return, of, the, Legends, SwedishChef
Contents

Return of the Legends V. 1.03 (Map)

Reviews
19:45, 9th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Ah thanks guys! You have no clue on how much I tried getting the link look like it should. Seems like the way of typing in when adding map is totally different (you don't have the toolbar).

E: Any way of editing whithout having to press update? I can add screenshots if you like. Else there is 5 of them or something like that on the main page.

Level 4
Good map, but improve your description using BB Codes. 4/5 Also add your screenshots in Hidden boxes.

Thanks man! Hive uses totally other system that the other sites that I am more used to posting in.

E: Got the hidden tags to work. If you like BlackKnightTGS you could fix my layout. I am really bad at this on this forum and of course I will credit you here ;).

Level 3
My Ratings Value:
5/5 for Perfect
4/5 for Really Good
3/5 for Good
2/5 for Fair
1/5 for Bad
0/5 for Horrible
For Overall Rating:
15 - 20 for Perfect
10 - 15 for Really Good
05 - 10 for Bad
00 - 05 for Horrble
Combat:4/5
Sounds/effects/skills:4/5
Terrain:3/5,
Gameplay/Fun factor 4/5
Overall:15/20

Level 22
As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

Additional Information:

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Level 1
first of all, dont multipost....use the EDIT button...

2nd: imo the first wave is just too hard...i had a 3v3 match and none of our teams were able to fully defeat the first wave(our team made only 4 kills in total, opponent team only 1)therefore we had no money and were still lvl 1 at wave 2...

Level 4
first of all, dont multipost....use the EDIT button...

2nd: imo the first wave is just too hard...i had a 3v3 match and none of our teams were able to fully defeat the first wave(our team made only 4 kills in total, opponent team only 1)therefore we had no money and were still lvl 1 at wave 2...

Ah sorry about the multiposting. In the forums where I am more active it is allowed to bump the thread when you update. Please forgive me.

Hm, the first round use to be very easy but I hardly ever play 3v3. You are ment to be using the terrain (examples are barrels for team 1 or rocks for team 2) to block out creeps. That way it will be much easier to finish a wave with some team work, rather than just standing in the middle trying to kill all at once. I will add some hints in the next version so this is easier for teams to arrange. But it may also have to do that I have too few starting items? I don't know but generally when I play I see few people buying items in the first round. So maybe adding more cheaper items instead of nerfing the first round would be a good idea. What do you think?

Level 1
Ah sorry about the multiposting. In the forums where I am more active it is allowed to bump the thread when you update. Please forgive me.
np, was just a reminder.
mods dont like that

Hm, the first round use to be very easy but I hardly ever play 3v3. You are ment to be using the terrain (examples are barrels for team 1 or rocks for team 2) to block out creeps. That way it will be much easier to finish a wave with some team work, rather than just standing in the middle trying to kill all at once.
hm well our team hadnt real aoe spells so it was extremely hard D:
i think it should be possible to survive at least the first wave regardless of having aos skills or not.
I will add some hints in the next version so this is easier for teams to arrange. But it may also have to do that I have too few starting items? I don't know but generally when I play I see few people buying items in the first round. So maybe adding more cheaper items instead of nerfing the first round would be a good idea. What do you think?

sounds actually good.
some few starting items and/or a few supercheap items would lower the difficulty of the first wave.
if you think about starting items, maybe have different depending on the hero (str heroes=hp items+hp reg, agi heroes=atk+speed items, int heroes=mana+manareg items)

also i think there could be a problem if you still suck on 1-2 waves you will have permanent problems on the later waves.
like if you dont manage to be quite successful in wave 1 you are still lvl 1 with no real money, fighting an even stronger wave then before.
this could cause some serious ballance problems.

maybe (just a thought) adding a ballancing system giving heroes which sucked on that wave (having a too low level)increasing their level by 1.
but that means that you have to clear out a minimum level for each wave which could take some time and maybe cause some other problems...hm

Level 4
In the current version I actually have a system which is ment to balance it some. If you die during a creep round you will actually get some gold. Maybe that isn't enough, but on the other hand people dying often shouldn't be "rewarded" for it. But I see your point. It is much more fun to play if you don't die in the first rounds every game. So yeah I will try to improve that.

Also a guy I played with had a suggestion that the number of creeps spawning should depend on numbers of players. So if someone leaves or you play 3v3 you wont get as many creeps spawned.

Level 3
this game was really fun, but the number of skills are limited

FROST GUARD item is way too imbalanced, you can finish the game once you have it.

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many bugs to mention, this was really fun but its hard to play the game without running through the bugs

3/5 but 4/5 if there were less bugs

Level 4
this game was really fun, but the number of skills are limited

FROST GUARD item is way too imbalanced, you can finish the game once you have it.

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many bugs to mention, this was really fun but its hard to play the game without running through the bugs

3/5 but 4/5 if there were less bugs

Okey frost guard needs nerfing it seems.

Do you mind sharing the bugs? Do you play the 1.02b version? Since when I have played I have seen no bugs only 1 thing that is ment to be the other way. Just write them down or give me a replay would be great!

Level 3
the bugs were

-skipping levels
-skipping arenas
-sometimes mortar teams or other units doesn't get inside the gate
-units summoned/ resurrected by Garithos, doesn't get inside the gate

and I have to say again frost guard was too imbalanced and we were unable to see any creeps that was supposed to be from the Undead race.

first was human > orc > elves > then nothing

Level 4
Okey when did you skip the levels or arenas? I have added a arena-skip system if you are only 1 player. The bug with units not being able to walk into certain places have been fixed. Will fix the other ones.

There are currently no levels after elves, it is supposed to be an never ending arena. Didn't it work?

Level 1
Well, I played this map with War ver 1.24b and 1.24e, both cause Fatal Error right after we finish wave 3 ( mortar team). Can you check it?

Level 4
Well, I played this map with War ver 1.24b and 1.24e, both cause Fatal Error right after we finish wave 3 ( mortar team). Can you check it?

Wow are you serious? I actually played the map alot before releasing it and I had no errors. But I will check it. Thank you very much, seems very strange. Will check it right away. Is it always round 3?

E: This was indeed changed. This was the bug which was in the 1.2 and I fixed in the b version. But now it was still there so somehow I must have uploaded or optimized wrong file. Thank you very much. I will release a 1.3 version in short. That version will have a bit less changes that it would originaly have but with bug fixed. Think that is the best.