• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retexture Not Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I tried recoloring the Necropolis to a light brown color (so that it looks more Egyptian), but that didn't work.

I extracted the Necropolis texture (buildings\Undead\Necropolis\CreepyNecropolis.blp), and then used Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert it to TGA. Then, I used GIMP to recolor the texture. And finally, I used Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert it back to BLP and imported it into my map in the proper path. However, the new texture is not showing at all - the Necropolis is still very much purple.

Any suggestions in regards to what I might have done wrong?

Here is the texture, in case it helps:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1732902/Warcraft III/CreepyNecropolis.blp

Are you sure that you imported it to the right path?
Buildings/Undead/Necropolis/CreepyNecropolis.blp

The texture file itself works fine.
JnlvsUZYda.png

Level 3
Are you sure that you imported it to the right path?
Buildings/Undead/Necropolis/CreepyNecropolis.blp

The texture file itself works fine.
JnlvsUZYda.png

I found out what the problem was eventually. The texture was on the correct path, but for some reason the model would still use the original texture; but when I copied the Necropolis model and changed its name, the retexture worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.