• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retarded AI Is Retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I'm working on an altered melee kind of RTS, called Warhammer Reign of Terror, available for download in the map's section, and anyway, I've got 2 AIs, for 2 races in the map, problem is, the AIs don't really follow any of the build orders I gave them, let alone the attack orders...

Primary resource is collected via capturing and upgrading control points, (upgrading yields something like +2 income per every 5 seconds, points yield 5 or so.)

Secondary resource is collected via building secondary resource structures, basically power generators.

The map uses a squad system, and all races have a full, standard, normally accessible building menu.

The AI operates at a decent level of competency but only for like the first 10 items in its build order, from there on out the AI does almost nothing, aside from occasionally following the build order at a ridiculously slow pace. Onto attack orders, it usually follows all of them, with proper conditions, but with a delay, and I have the wave delay set to 0, and only one wave.

If you're interested in helping me make my AI less shitty, I'll send you an unprotected version of the map with the AIs, and +rep for helping me iron out the issues.

Level 17
What works with me when creating rts ai, is letting the ai editor handle as much as possible and use triggers when the ai has to much resources to let them build extra things (e.g. extra towers or barracks works perfectly this way). I will soon have finished my new rts map with good steamroller ai and which will be unprotected. If you want I can send you a link as soon as I finished it. You can than take a peek at the AI in the ai editor.

Level 22
Is your AI is Trigger based, cuz AI Editor usually break from your command (and that's a fact)

AI Editor based, and yeah I know, sometimes the AI gets stuck on commands... Which is why I plan on doing what Spectre said.

[K40$]-Spectre;2328978 said:
What works with me when creating rts ai, is letting the ai editor handle as much as possible and use triggers when the ai has to much resources to let them build extra things (e.g. extra towers or barracks works perfectly this way). I will soon have finished my new rts map with good steamroller ai and which will be unprotected. If you want I can send you a link as soon as I finished it. You can than take a peek at the AI in the ai editor.

This was actually what I was going to do, trigger certain parts of the BO, where the AI gets stuck, and sure I'll check your map out whenever you're done just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.