• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resurrection Stone - How to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have triend to put out resurrection stones in the world that I am trying to creat.
Made three different regions for it.

(Resurrection, ResurrectionEntering, ResurrectionVisability)

And then used the trigger:

Event:
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) is issued to order targeting an object
Condition:
((Target unit of issued order) is A Hero) Equal to True
(Targeted unit) Equal to ResurrectionStone <gen>
Action:
Special Effect - (A suiting effect)
Set Resurrection = Resurrection01 <gen> (The area around the stone where the hero is to be revived.)
Set ResurrectionVisabaility = Resurrection01Visibility <Area of visibily around the stone)
Trigger - Run RSVisiblilty <gen>
Trigger - Turn on RS02
Trigger - Turn of (this trigger)

After that I used the two variables for the area of resurrection in one trigger that is going to run when the heroe dies, and one for the visibility that is activated directley when you target the stone.
But not even the trigger I wrote here worked. I tried also with 'Unit - Enter region...', but it didn't work eather.
(Yes I changed the condition then.)

Someone know whats wrong?

Level 10
For activate the Resurrection Stone , do somrthing simple:
Put a region nearby the resurrection stone.
Make the trigger for revive:
Event-
A unit dies
Conditions-
Dying unit is a hero equal to true
Actions-
Revive Dying Unit at center of the <region> .
Turn off this trigger
And now the activate trigger:
Event-
A unit enters <region>( the region that u create nearby the resurrection ston)
Conditions-
Entering unit its a hero equal to true.
Actions-
Create a special effect on the resurrection stone , that will show that the resur. stone its activated.
Run <trigger>(this is the revive trigger) checking conditions.
Thats all

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If you are trying to make a hero revive using the ressurection stones like in the Orc Bonus Campaign then you will have to specify ALL ressurection stones on the map, so I recomend to do not place many ressurection stones. Or maybe you can do it another way, it will be easy if you use copy and paste, but the other way would take up less space. Well try this:

Events:
Generic Unit Event: A unit dies

Conditions:
Boolean Comparison/Unit/Unit in Unit Group: "Stone of Ressurection" is in (Units owned by player "number")

Boolean Comparison/Unit/Unit Classification Check:
Dying Unit is a Hero

Actions:
Wait - Wait '' seconds (Optional)
Hero - Instantly revive "Hero" at "Rect/Region" (the one in front of the ressurection stone that is actived), Show/Hide revival graphics

NOTE: You must have a trigger like this for each Ressurection Stone.
If you are new in triggering this is the easiest way, through it takes more space. Hope this helps :wink:

-Rui

Level 4
What you guys postet is not what the author asked for: He doesn't need to know how to revive a hero, he wants to know how to activate that stone..

I see the problem in your trigger: You are using [Targeted Unit] instead of [Target Unit of Issued Order], your "condition" blocks the trigger.

I think you will figure out the rest of what you want by yourself, otherwise feel free to post any questions here.

klovadis

[Edit: I advise you to add some dummy messages like "this trigger is being started", "this trigger has done this action", .. so you can check wether the trigger has been run and wether a specific condition is true or not. Use "Game - Text-Message" for this.]

Level 7
if you want to do every ressurection stone in 1 trigger, then do something like

e: unit comes within range of Hero1
d: unit == res stone
a: set var_ResLocation = position of triggering unit

e: unit dies
d: unit == Hero1
a: wait X, revive hero at location var_ResLocation

of course this is the bare outline, and can be looped if desired for multiple players

Status
Not open for further replies.