• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Restrict multiples of the same item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, i want to ban duplicate items in my map so that a player cannot acquire 2 of the same item on one hero. So far i have something like this

• Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1))
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2))
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3))
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4))
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5))
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 6))
      • Then - Actions
        • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
        • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
My problem with this trigger is that it removes any item even if you don't have it already, i think i know where the problem is (that my trigger detects the item you buy as one from the 6 inventory slots), but i'm not sure how to fix this

Level 5
Try changing all the checks to "equal to" rather than "not equal to", then put them all inside an "or" check.
Actually that will fail as well, one moment.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1))
          • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2))
          • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3))
          • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4))
          • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5))
          • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6))
    • Actions
That should do it. Making that trigger took unnecessarily long since loading the item list is very slow for me on this computer. You can also put it in a loop if you would prefer that.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)))) and ((Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
On another note, removing the item might be a bit excessive. Maybe just drop the item?
  • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)

Last edited:
Level 3
Thankyou, this worked perfectly.

I used "remove" because i also have another trigger just before it that returns the cost of the item back to the player, i just thought it wasn't really a necessary thing to include since i didn't need any help with that part :)

Status
Not open for further replies.