• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Resize Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I was using war3model editor and i had 2 choices for resize(Use pivot point/Center of Mass). The problem is that with the first the animation is damaged and with the second the unit will go mostly underground(i want to enlarge the model).
Now i am using mdlvis and i edit the size, but it's the same problem as it was with the 2nd method from war3model editor. Can someone please explain whan am i doing wrong or what other method should i use ? (detailed please, i just started 2 days ago so basicaly i know 0 about this stuff)

That's normal because you only resize the mesh, but the bones remain in place. Then the bones are no more aligned with the mesh and anims get screwed.

Actually, scaling a complete model is useless since you can simply change its scale in unit editor.

Scaling a complete model is not useless. Say you have a model that have the size of an ant at 1.00. So map makers will need to scale it up to maybe 3.00. This is disadvantageous for them because any projectiles, effects (including the level up effect) coming from the models will be oversized.

--------------------------------

@YZippy: A lazy way (yet works) to solve this is to add a parent bone connecting to the bone root, and change the scaling there.

In case you are not familiar with magos,
attachment.php

-Create a bone linking to the bone_root (Use move left, move right etc to adjust the bone)

attachment.php

-Right click the bone, click edit node
-Leave the bone coordinates X = 0, Y = 0, Z = 0
-Now click scaling

attachment.php

Now, adjust the scaling of the model in each animations. What do the numbers outside the brackets represent? It represents the initial frame of each animation. Read the next step for better understanding

attachment.php

Go to sequence manager, check each animations initial frame. For example, my stand animation in the picture initial frame is 1500.

So go back to the size manipulating bone, put the initial frame of each animations.
Example, if you got an attack animation that starts at 57667, then put
57667: { 1.5, 1.5, 1.5 }

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 388
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 382