• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resetting an ability cooldown in Spellbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys,

So I understand it is not possible to reset a specific ability's cooldown besides to remove the ability and then add it again. Is that possible to do with an ability inside of a Spellbook ability?

I've tested the simple way, to just remove and add it, but all that does is remove it from the Spellbook and then add it to the unit outside of the Spellbook.

If it is not possible I'll just have to reduce the number of spells for my characters so they fit in the normal ability table.

Level 4
That worked exactly as I wanted-- but only for one cast. Is there more I need to do than that tutorial says if I want the effect to be repeatable? All I did was this:
  • TEST 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Second
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove First from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add Dummy to (Casting unit)
And when I activate it the second time the First ability disappears. I tried again using this:
  • TEST 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Second
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove First from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add Dummy to (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Remove Dummy from (Casting unit)
But that pulls the player out of the Spellbook when the spell resets, which defeats most of the purpose of the reset if they have to spend the time to open the spellbook up again.

Level 4
Sorry but, I highly doubt that you can correct that without using complicate scripts :p
Even in well scripted maps (i.e. DotA) the spellbook closes

Status
Not open for further replies.