• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reset/Refresh Doodad/Tree Variability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, I was wondering if its possible to do a reset of the variability of the trees and doodas on the map. I've recently tried playing around with the tree models on the map and noticed that their sizes have all be altered from the normal random range to a single value.

Is the only way to fix this to remove all the tress and put them back manually? Or can I somehow refresh them?

Go to Advanced -> Replace Doodads.

You will have to use two doodad types to do this, first is the doodad type you want to replace (a tree in your case), and the second one is a temporary (I will be using a rock as an example). If you want to reset the variability of the trees (back to random sizes and variations) just replace the doodad you want to replace (a tree) to a temporary doodad (a rock - but any doodad will work), now the trees are now rocks in your map, now replace the temporary doodad type again to the original doodad type and make sure you tick 'Reset Variations' at the bottom of the window, now all your trees should be back to random variation and sizes.

In my test I placed random dungeon trees in the map (the tree has alot of different variation and sizes), then replaced it with a cage (it only has one variation ) and replace it back to dungeon tree, now the trees are back to random.

upload_2019-9-15_22-27-31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.